Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php flags to .htaccess files

Hello everyone,

I installed a newsletter on my domain and submitted a ticket because I kept getting Internal error server 500 message. The Newsletter software required that I create a database which I did and then proceeded to install the software.

The installation was a success and in order to access the Admin login I had to delete or change the file name of the installation folder named install.
    Upon deleting the install folder I find that I cannot access the Admin section to login. I get a displayed message saying that I needed to install Zend Optimizer (http://www.prayerdeliverance-ministries.com/pdmnewsletter/index.php).

I submitted another support ticket and this time I was told You have completely deleted the directory the script was installed on. You must upload the script today, this time chmod to 755 and do not add any php flags to the .htaccess file.

I can see a php.ini file which I assume is the flags being referred to in my folder pdmnewsletter, however I am not entirely sure. I also have a .htaccess file within the same pdmnewsletter folder which must have come with the software as all I did was simply copied the folder into the public_html.

Would I need to reinstall the folder containing the Newsletter software installation or do I need to do something else. I would also like to know where I should store the php flags since it is causing the internal server error 500.

In MySQL I can see the database for the Newsletter software configured and working properly. I need help desperately to fix this problem and would appreciate it as soon as possible.

Thank you all in advance.

MYICE07
    Not matter what happens this day, may you know that God loves you so much.

Re: php flags to .htaccess files

Zend optimizer is a server addon and its already installed. You wouldnt have access to install this anyway.

You must have deleted the directory else they wouldnt have told you this.. Yes upload the folder.

The php ini file shouldnt do any flags.. however, the htacess may contain some apache directives causing a conflict. You shouldnt have to reinstall it.. just reup it.. and.. just delete the install.php not the entire folder that its in.

You may want to consider paying someone to install this or service this correctly

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: php flags to .htaccess files

Thanks Karen!

I have taken on board your suggestions.

MYICE07
      Not matter what happens this day, may you know that God loves you so much.

Comment

Working...
      X