authentication required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• authentication required

how can I get an authentication required window to pop up when a visitor clicks on a link to a specific page? I would like to password protect a page and the password can be just 1, not 1 for each visitor, but I don't want it to be readable in the html source of the page...

my site is http://208.43.222.138/~ewdblkxh/produce_my_cd.html
    and I would like to protect access to the private area

thanks so much
    laura

Re: authentication required

Hi lalletti
    You can password a directory/folder & publish your pages you want protected into this folder. LINK
    Hope That Helps
    Doug

Comment

hello,
      thanks so much!
      I created and passworded a new folder (I named it area_protetta) and moved the page I wanted to password protect in there (the page is called private_area),
      then I created a test link to that page here http://208.43.222.138/~ewdblkxh/produce_my_cd.html (the "protected area" button should open the area_protetta/private_area.html page),
      but when I click on it nothing happens...

Comment

Hi lalletti
        Passwords protect a index i.e. a folder... So you create a folder in your C-Panel then put the password protect on that folder i.e. and all the pages in it will require a password ... like the address
        www.yourdomain/thefolder/mycd.html
        So you would password protect "the folder" indexed in yourdomain.com

Hope That Helps
        Doug

Comment

And how can I insert a login field and a password field in a web page still in construction in my PC?

Comment

You need a login script for this. A simple field is not enough.

BV11 has a (simple) login script built in, however BV11 is still in BETA and needs some fixes.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X