Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid Spam in "Guestbook" form

Hi,

I really need your help on how to avoid SPAM in my guestbook page (www.ugatuga.com/guestbook.html).

I've asked help to VodaHost but they told me to install a script in http://www.phpcaptcha.org/documentation/quickstart/. I have no idea on how to do that. I use BlueVoda to do everything in the site... and I have no development knowledge! :)

Can someone help please?

Thank you so much.

Cheers,
    Gonçalo

Re: Avoid Spam in "Guestbook" form

The BV built in guestbook already has a (simple) captcha. And you can't install an external captcha with the BV guestbook without heavily modifying the code.

If that is manual spam, there is nothing you can do, they will always be able to submit.

If these are bots, you can probably reduce it following these steps:

1. Clean up your GB posts from spam
    2. Go in your BV and double click the guestbook, Advanced, and change the PHP Script name field to something strange (example: mygb456.php)
    If these are bots, this will keep them away for a while. And you can repeat the procedure every once in a while.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

HI,

Thanks to you both for your suggestions! I've tried Navaldesign suggestion yesterday and until now is working! (let`s hope it continues like that!). :D

If spam comes back again I will try the second suggestion. Argentum, I will contact you then as I didn't understood very well what to do... sorry for the ignorance development skills!... :)

Thanks guys,
      Cheers.
      Gonçalo

Comment

Hello again,
        a couple of days without spam. It seems is going ok for now.

Now, I only have one other issue in the Guestbook, related to the spam I was receiving. I have some messages that I cannot delete, even when logged as Admin. Pse have a look at www.ugatuga.com/guestbook.htm or see the below example:

"Warning: date() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home/jakcvxxi/public_html/deixa123.php on line 232
        93.185.193.200 - "

I checked the 232 line of the "guestbook" php file (now with other name) and it relates to the format of the date and time (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss).

Any idea on how can I delete this?

Thanks. Cheers,
        Gonçalo

Comment

This is due to a corrupted guestbookdb.php file (or whatever you have called it)

ONLY solution:

Download the file with FTP

Import it in Notepad.

Delete the problematic rows

Save

Re-upload it.

Make a backup of the file before changing anything.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks!!!

It worked! :)

cheers,
            Goncalo

Comment

Working...
            X