Pages with Marques not displaying??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pages with Marques not displaying??

Alright, I did check the basics, I found 1 page that had a space in the name. But everything else was ok.

Any page that contained a marque, a form or a form button, such as my contact page, does not display.

I am totally baffled by the control panel and I can not find my pages?

Then I read something about an FTP program??? what is that? I am so ignorant.

Also the guys in tech support are not so helpful. I am not sure that I able to fix this, but I am willing to try if you can give me advice....in childishly simple terms?

The only full service Wedding Chapel in Palm Springs! Palm Springs Weddings, Wedding Venues, Wedding Officiants, Marriage License, we do it all!

Re: Pages with Marques not displaying??

Your form pages must be published as php

right click on your page, choose properties, general tab.. change from html to php

publish.. you must then link thereverndlisa.com/contact.php or whatever you called it in your navigation

in control panel, you must select one of the file manager ICONS, then click on public html, then you will see your pages. Please see the tutorials for each section.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen, I think I have a plan, but obviously I have more problems than just PHP, so how do remove the published pages and replace them with correct pages?

Comment

Whenever you publish a page with the same name as an existing one BV automatically overwrites so that only the latest version shows. Sometimes this doesn't happen immediately & it usually is a caching problem. Clicking F5 many times often takes care of it.
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thank you David, I appreciate your help too. Customer service has fixed the links on my index page, but the links on the other 13 pages remain broken. I actually think it would be best to pull the web page down and fix them all. Thats too much for them to fix. and then there is a that PHP thing !

Only I can not seem to get a good answer on that process. Additionally there is a misspelled word in the menu bar, and I have each page opening in a new page....and that is annoying and needs to stop. So I need a little fixing!

It seems that the contact page is now working...well only from the index page, but when the email is sent..the page that says Success does not display. So some how I screwed that up. Its not a form so I would have thought it would be an HTML. I am so tired.

Thanks for help ! lol

The only full service Wedding Chapel in Palm Springs! Palm Springs Weddings, Wedding Venues, Wedding Officiants, Marriage License, we do it all!

Comment

success can be html... but any page with a form MUST BE PHP.. its done in the page properties as described above.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Reverend Lisa,

As long as you are fixing the links and all,

One thing else you might want to do is to remove "_blank" from Target
              on all your internal links.
              Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Ok I think it is fixed. No more blanks, links are fixed. But it was painful and arduous process. The biggest delay I had was the everyone assumed I knew that the BLUEVODA software was capable of fixing and repairing problems.

I come from the older school, when you were required to pull the page down through some external source. If someone would have just told me that last night I would have been 50% done.

So after I finally got someone to tell me that, then I was able to take all the good advice I received here.

I am now wanting some more advice, so I am including a link. This page is up and running, but there are some red Xs when I view it with IE. Not there with other browsers.

Can anyone let me know what they see and there should be music?? And how can I fix the red Xs

http://www.thereverendlisa.com

Comment

Thanks to everyone ! I finally did it. David I truly did not understand that the software would make the corrections. I guess I just needed to suffer. Please check out the one and only page that still has a small issue.

There are some Red Xs that show up in IE, but not other browsers. Anyway it was a process.

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                  X