• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Issues-Desparate for Help

I am a Voda Host Customer I have two domain names:

www.mbaservicesinfo.com
    www.wealthhealth1.com

I recently had a virus on my computer and had to "scrub" the hard drive so I believe my IP address changed when I had to reinstall all of my programs and platforms. My current IP address is 66.92.169.22. Thus, as you may image, I downloaded the Blue Voda program from the general Voda Host site and here is where my design and publishing problems began.

First, all I want to do is change my page background color. So, I opened a rectangle shape kept the color white so my text and graphics will stand out against my new darker background page color. Well when I go to preview in browser, my company logo has the "red x" where the JPEG should be, the white rectangle does not appear, and my business slogan is distorted (stretched) the length of the page.

Second, in this new downloaded version of Blue Voda the Elipse Shape (i.e. circle) is not perfectly round... the sides seems to be cut off (not just in the preview page but in the design page as well).

And finally, when I tried naming my updated page and publishing it for you to see what I am referring to I get a HTTP 404 not found error message from Explorer.

I need help big time. This means I cannot update anything on my business site until these issues are resolved. I have a proposal I would like to submit within the week and REALLY need to improve my site for this purpose... please help and thank you very much.

Kelly

Re: Multiple Issues-Desparate for Help

How and where are you getting the pages to update?

If you reloaded them from the hard drive.. then you may have kept the virus as well.

If you imported them from the html on site, then you need to make sure to SAVE AS, and change to the .bvp extension and not the HTML and make sure you then publish the bvp version.

Make sure that you readd bv to your firewall and virus scan software and make sure you are publishing ALL files and that it says SUCCESSFUL in the publish dialogue box.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X