What am I missing to publish ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I missing to publish ?

I have a problem, I looked in the archives (over 20 pages) and still could not find an answer. This is my 2nd. domain, the other was done with soholaunch and I had no trouble.
    My first domain is www.buffalobobs-old-gasstation-art.com no problem.

My website I cannot access is www.smart-coupon-book.com
    I have created a page, named it "index"(small i) tried to publish, received message that it was published but when I try to access it, this is what I get ; Please help, I am barely computer literate.

Index of /
    Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.smart-coupon-book.com Port 80

Re: What am I missing to publish ?

You can go into your cpanel or use FTP,

and check to see where your new index file is
    on the server.
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Ifound out that using the FTP user name www.smart-coupon-book@buffalobobs-old-gas-station-art.com/ I can get the website page but it disappears quickly and a 404 error is displayed. This is supposed to be a seperate domain name Smart-coupon-book.com from my first domain. How do I correct things so I have seperate websites and take care of the 404 error. My understanding of C-panel is limited, I'm not sure what to look for.

Comment

You made a FOLDER called index instead of an index page.. then you published a HOMEPAGE inside of the index page.

The folder is NOT necessary except on your harddrive to keep from overwriting your original index page.

Here simply publish index to public_html/buffalobbs-old-gasstation-art.com/

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I do not understand what you are telling me to do . How do I publish to
          public-html/buffalobobs-old-gas-station-art.com/ ? Where do I go to do this. I am sorry that I am so stupid but I do not know whwere to go to correct this or what to do. I need the "websites for dummies" type of answers. I have spent two weeks trying to get it published, I.m tired, I'm frustrated. If I don't get this website up and running soon I will lose everything I own. I do not understand short cryptic answers. Most of the computer jargon that you consider common knowledge I do not understand. Until now I considered myself a fairly intelligent person but after reading hours and hours of forum posts I still do not get it. Could you please give me step by step instructions exactly where to go to do what I need to.

Comment

Did you resolve this? Your link

takes me to a page titled Smart Coupon Book. Notice that the link is a corrected version of the one you posted above. Other than that, I'm not sure of your question or what you are trying to do.
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Okay now things are really screwed up. The site "buffalobobs.... was my main website, it was okay, now instead of going to that website built on soholaunch it goes to the 2nd. seperate domain WWW.smart-coupon-book.com instead. These two should be seperate domains. How exactly do I seperate the two so they point to the right website? (remember I need "web sites for dummies" answers)

Comment

If I understand correctly, you want:

1. A website named buffalobobs-old-gas-station-art.com/
                2. Another website called smart-coupon-book.com

First of all, before we get to the actual contents of each site's index page, let's be sure you set up the sites themselves correctly. You said that the first is a Soho site that works (although the content is now wrong). The second is a BlueVoda add-on site. Be sure you added that site correctly. Follow the video tutorials on how to create an add-on site using cPanel.

I don't have experience with Soho, but I do know that to change a site from Soho to BlueVoda or BV to Soho, the Support people must reset an account entirely. So the first thing you might want to do is confirm that a BV site can be added to a Soho site.
                CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Website named buffalobobs-old-gas-station-art.com/
                  is pointing at Name Servers:
                  ns5.vodahost.com
                  ns6.vodahost.com

Website called smart-coupon-book.com
                  is pointing at Name Servers:
                  ns1.voda4.com
                  ns2.voda4.com
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I really feel that this is getting hopeless. Can't anybody tell me how to fix my problem? the more I try things the worse it gets. I have lost my main website and still have no idea of what to do to fix things. I don't know where to go , what to check , how it 's supposed to be. I don't even have
                    voda4 1,2 on my list to access c-panel. I dojn't even know how to start over and get my 1st. website back on line. I need a course of action to take, I have no idea what I'm doing. It would be a great help if I could get some specific steps to follow. I downloaded the new version of vodahost, could that be a problem? I'm sorry to be such a PITA but this is important, to me, I'm disabled and now I don't even have one website so my income is being destroyed by this. Where else can I turn for help ?
                    I am sending a support ticket asking if I can have 1 website on soho and 1 using BV on the same account.

Comment

You overwrote your soho site.. so you will need to go in there and regenerate the index page from soho.. dunno if it will work or not...

Did you BUY a sepearte account for the NEW domain? Because you have the domain name POINTING to the wrong server if you did not.

When you publish to the second domain name on the same server you must
                      1.)buy the domain name
                      2.)point it to the correct server
                      3.)go to cpanel of your server and CREATE an addon domain
                      4.)publish your page to public_html/newdomainname/

This way it does not override your MAIN site.

Yes you can have all the domains you want.. you just have to SWITCH the directory you are publishing to as outlined on NUMBER 4

Right now you have the step in number 2 directed incorrectly.. and step number 4 incorrectly

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                      X