Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events Show and Hide

Hello dear colleagues from the VH forum,

If You use heavily the Show and Hide Events tab and You have a lot of objects such as Text, inputs, comboboxes, etc in the form, it is quite difficult to identify the objects that You need to Hide or Show because it what it shows there is only Text1, Text2, Text3 and so on and also Combobox1, Combobox2...Combobox13.

Most of the times I try to guess, but it's a lot of time consuming because I fail many times.

Is there a trick to overpass this problem that I am having.

It would be very interesting that it could show the name we gave to that, for the comboboxes or editboxes, or maybe both, I mean our variable name and the BV internal name.

In case it would be text, maybe it could show a few starting letters of that text object to give us an idea of which object is that text object representing.

Regards,
    pipesportugal

Re: Events Show and Hide

Yes.. you can NAME those boxes.. when you make them. Right click properties..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen,

I know that I can name them.
      It's exactly that name that I would like to see here (so that it could help me): (instead of Text4, Text5, Combobox5, Combobox8, etc...)

Comment

I would think that when you named them that would solve it.. when i recieve forms for those elements i have renamed they display correctly in the email .. so i would also ASSUME they would change here.. make sure you are changing both the name and the LABEL in the form properties elements

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Unfortunately the "find_object_by_id" javascript used to define the objects to show/hide, ONLY work with object IDs and not names.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi naval,

I agree but I am just saying that it could also display the variable name, because it would increase productivity by 10.000%.

Maybe I'll post this request on the Wish List subforum, what do You think ?

Thanks,
            pipesportugal

Comment

Many objects don't have names, they only have IDs. Text in example, images, shapes, galleries etc.

Furthermore, the BV inner code distinguishes the objects in the page by their ID as it would be easy to have more than one objects with the same name. Even with forms elements, that do have names, consider Radio Buttons that have the same name /Group)

So only the ID is a valid alternative.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X