This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from Joomla 1.5.13 to 1.5.14 Patch

I d-loaded the patch onto my computer. I'm useing Filezilla to upload the files to my Joomla site. This is where Im stuck Do I put each folder in one by one? Admin in the admin folder, then componenets in the component folder, etc? I'm stuck and cant find instructions that are detailed enough for my limited experience. I wish Vodahost would upgrade theirs in Fantasico so I could upgrade that way. Would be easier. Sigh
    Thanks, Diana

Re: Upgrading from Joomla 1.5.13 to 1.5.14 Patch

Yes.. thats how you have to upload it.. and probably run the install too depending on the upgrade.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok I did that. Transferred each file into its own. Admin into the admin file, etc. I saw no install to run. I checked on my site and it still says 1.5.13. So I did something wrong.

Comment

Without reading the upgrade, or applying the patches myself.. i have no idea what to tell you. Did you clear the cache before logging in to the admin again?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You are not following the instructions provided on the Joomla.org website for updating the version for a previously installed Fantastico version .... for instance, you do NOT install the 'admin file' contents into a pre-exisiting 'admin folder' without first replacing each individual file or by deleting the older version altogether.

The method of upgrading is simple to follow if you have the instructions printed out in front of you. Personally, there is not much need to upgrade whatsoever unless you truly are depending on a template version to comply with the script version ..... the functional advances are actually quite negligible to the average User, and unless you are already proficient using Joomla (or any other CMS script) and can easily perform manual installations and multiple module plug-in's, then the marginal functional advances really will not make a measurable difference in your overall web performance, thus making the upgrade nothing more than a meaningless intellectual pursuit.

IMO
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The reason I wanted to upgrade is because the media module doesn't work. I get some error on line 64 and can't fix it. I am unable to upload images. When I put that on the forum, someone said I needed to upgrade my Joomla. So thats what Iv'e been trying to do. Maybe I can just copy and paste the images into the site. I will try that. And no I'm not proficient in Joomla at all. Trying to learn it tho.
            Thanks, Diana

Comment

Configure media management in Global Settings first (and also make sure you have NOT selected "Web-Friendly URL's").

There are 2 steps in inserting Media/Videos ... step one is by uploading them to the root directory via the Simple Uploader (bottom icon in Article Workspace) and then use the simple Media icon at top of Workspace browser. You cannot "insert" a media object until it has been properly loaded to the directory (thus your error message ... 'Object Not Found').

Comment

Here is the message I get. This is on a fresh install too.Fatal error: Call to a member function authorize() on a non-object in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/greatrecipez.com/administrator/components/com_media/views/media/tmpl/default.php on line 64

When I go to global configuration there is a warning sign next to the media settings. Warning! Something about the path to Media Folder and path to image folder. It default is Media Folder images Image Folder images/stories.
                The web friendly url is already set at the default of no.
                So as far as I can tell it must be the path set in the image and media folders.
                When I go to the media module, there is no upload icon. I do appreciate your help. It's probably something too simple for a simpleton like me...lol.
                Thanks, Diana

Comment

You need to double-check the default installation vs. the patch files/folders for the media module. Something has interrupted the association between the files themselves which in turn makes it impossible to establish a functional path .....

Again, it is somewhat unclear when you say "fresh install" whether you are referring to a Fantastico install or a manual one. If in fact you have a new Fantastico installation and it is not important to preserve tons of Content, I would uninstall it via Fantastico and re-install it -- after verifying that the template you have selected is properly written for the version Fantastico installs (it's OK to have a v.1.5 and a template written for 1.0, but not cool for a 1.5 template installed on a 1.0 script).

If you prefer to recover by uninstalling via Fantastico and then manually installing the current STABLE version of Joomla, you will not need to upgrade anything, nor have to deal with a scrambled installation that may occur during a patch job.

If you do have a lot of content you wish to "save" then you will need to create a DB backup, bring it down to your local HD, and uninstall and then manually re-install with a current stable script, following the instructions to the letter on how to move your DB backup onto a fresh installation.

If this is all too much for you, there are tons of Joomla pros available thru the Joomla Community, as well as thru myself. You just need to reach out and inquire.

Comment

If installing manually or upgrading and using a ftp client you have to make sure that all files from all folders have been uploaded. due to the file /folder structure of joomla and the way ftp clients upload files it is not always done.
                    take a folder structure off one Folder with two folders inside but no files within the first folder. this in some ftp managers is missed and not upload to the server. so to just click and copy the image folder to the server will not guarantee that all the files and folders have been upload.
                    so check each folder for its contents, if you open a folder and all it has in it is folders then chances are it won't get copied. ether put a file image or a blank html there or upload each folder in turn check each and every folder.
                    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Alien Dude View Post
                      If installing manually or upgrading and using a ftp client you have to make sure that all files from all folders have been uploaded. due to the file /folder structure of joomla and the way ftp clients upload files it is not always done.
                      take a folder structure off one Folder with two folders inside but no files within the first folder. this in some ftp managers is missed and not upload to the server. so to just click and copy the image folder to the server will not guarantee that all the files and folders have been upload.
                      so check each folder for its contents, if you open a folder and all it has in it is folders then chances are it won't get copied. ether put a file image or a blank html there or upload each folder in turn check each and every folder.
                      What Alien Dude is saying is simply >>

Originally posted by Diajejo View Post
                      I d-loaded the patch onto my computer. I'm useing Filezilla to upload the files to my Joomla site. This is where Im stuck Do I put each folder in one by one? Admin in the admin folder, then componenets in the component folder, etc?
                      YES, since this is the only way to be sure everything in each folder has been uploaded properly!

Comment

Hey thanks. Vodahost has now finally upgraded, so I did an upgrade thru fantasico. Much easier!

Comment

Great ....

Comment

Working...
                          X