Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a suggestion regarding iFrames....it might help a lot and to many....but help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a suggestion regarding iFrames....it might help a lot and to many....but help

Hello

I have build a website using BV, which consists of more than 35 pages. Every small change needs to be changed everywhere....in the pages, or in the menu on all the pages. That really sucks, sometimes, when you are running out of time. Now, this situation can be easily solved by using iFrames, which can hold the text for those 35 pages. Whereas the main design template along with the menu can remain on just one page, let's say the "index.htm", on which the menu can link pages to the iframe for the text conent. Right!

But its seems that this would critically damage the indexing and positioning capability of all the pages since iFrames cannot be indexed or positioned with search engines properly. Whereas the content on those pages, displayed via iFrames, is very important for positioning and indexing with search engines. Which may also be possible, by indexing all the pages normally since they contain the valuable text. Now, if we index them with their normal addressess and publish them with just text on them (or anything what remains on them)then what we see is simple text without the beautiful graphics or menu build on the "index.htm". Consequently, the question is as follows:

"Every time when we write a particular web address to look for a particular information among other text pages, except the index.htm, is it possible to code/or script a function (may be ?go2= or something...) in those text pages so as to redirect that particular page to the index.htm, with that particular page displayed in the iFrame."

I am sure that someone would be able to understand me here.
    Thanks in advance for your courtesy.
    Best Regards
    David

Re: I have a suggestion regarding iFrames....it might help a lot and to many....but help

Instead of creating an Index page with the I frame and open all other pages in that frame, create the I frame in All your pages, make it with a Transparent background, give it as content all the fixed elements of your site (as headers, footers, logo, menubar etc), and place the Iframe OVER the page. See how this can be done in http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...r-i-frame.html
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: I have a suggestion regarding iFrames....it might help a lot and to many....but help

Thanks a lot. That was helpful.

Best Wishes
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X