Problems setting up email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems setting up email

I have set up my email address on Voda Host which all seems fine. I am now trying to set up the email on Outlook, I think it is version 2003. I have listened to the tutorials many times and tried to follow the instructions to the letter, but when I have completed filling in the fields and then press 'Test account' the feedback is -

'Some errors occurred while processing the tests

Followed by -

Send test email message. The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct.

It also says -

Found the outgoing mail server but unable to connect.

It instructs to go to 'More settings'

Then 'Advanced'

Then it asks 'Server port numbers' which have been pre-populated

Incoming server (POP3) 110

Outgoing server 25

I can see the outgoing server port is confirmed as 25 on the email section of the control panel but there is no number identified on the control panel for the incoming server. I have been coming back to this problem all day and I really do bnot know were I am going wrong, can anybody help?

Regards

Steve Croxton
    www.b2l.info
    T: 0044 1782 612646

Re: Problems setting up email

Despite the test telling me there is a problem, in desperation I have just tried sending and receiving an email using the new email address and to my complete amazement it seems to work. The test still tells me I have an issue but it works. I have hundreds of emails to send out so I will put it to the test now.

Comment

Steve, in your first message you say that you think you're using Outlook version 2003. My question (not only for you, but anyone) is, how can you tell for sure which version of Outlook you're using?

This page provides tutorials for configuring e-mail accounts in three different versions of Outlook: http://www.vodahost.com/tut_email.htm
      Is it possible I might be running a (newer) version not listed here?

Before I try configuring VH-hosted e-mail accounts for Outlook, I want to be sure I'm following the instructions in the correct tutorial for my version of OE.

Comment

I found an answer to the question of how to confirm which version of Outlook (or OE) you're running:

Now that I know I'm using Outlook 2002, it appears that none of the auto-configure options in cPanel (that is, when I go into "Email Accounts" and click "Configure Mail Client" for the e-mail account I want to configure) will work for me.

On the "Mail Client Configuration" page it says, "If the available options are not compatible with your application, you will need to use the Manual Settings information to configure the application." But it doesn't tell me how to do that.

Can someone please tell me how to configure my VH-hosted e-mail accounts for Outlook 2002 (or any other version of Outlook not listed in the auto configure options)?

Comment

Working...
        X