X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to insert (in one action) third party CSS Templates

04 Sept. 2009

Dear BlueVoda friends !

I have studied several times the template tutorials, and have the zip extractor, etc. I have several zip-filed third party CSS Templates (not BV backgrounds or templates), and wanted to create a new site using one of these. Is there a simple way to have the whole template file (after unzipping) and placed into the BV "Templates" folder inserted into the "new Index page" for the new site I want to build ? Specifically, after unzipping/inserting into the Templates folder, there is typically 1 file called "Header" and one called "Images". If I click on insert Image menu command, I can only put each element (image) into the blank page - that is, I would have recreate the whole page like a building block process. What I would like to know is there a command or set of actions that enable me to drag the whole template and all its elements in one major step/action ? (of course if any "fine-tuning" or menu elements overwriting is needed, I presume that is accomplished easliy as a follow-on step (layers, etc.) Using the principle of "WYSIWYG" when I selected the potential suitable template from the third party site I could see the whole page example in one assembled view... yet as an unzipped file its only showing all the elements. ? Please help ASAP. Thank you, Drew

Re: How to insert (in one action) third party CSS Templates

No..

You can use css stylesheets etc but you cannot import third party templates into bv and expect them to work properly or carry over the same attributes.

pure css templates are HTML edited and built. blue voda by contrast RENDERS html.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Dear Karen,

Thank you for the quick response. Had a look at your websites as well.... all simple, clear and to the point. Well done !!!

2 more quick Qs:

a) Do you only use BV exclusively when designing yr websites? or do you prepare yr websites via another system in conjunction with BV ? If yes, which do you recommend that is also "relatively" simple to learn ?

b) I ask this as I am trying to workout how best to integrate 3rd party templates. If BV "renders" templates, does that mean I can import elements from ANY type of site and use them ? (e.g. wordpress, flash etc. ?) or does that mix up the BV system ?

Trust I am making sense with these Qs. as I am on a steep learning curve...

Appreciate yr input as it probably helps others thinking similar things ...

All the best Drew

Comment

Dear Karen,

(Observation #3)

I tried one more thing, and it also had the same problem. I tried to import (as per the tutorial of course) a BV template (not a background). Inside the unzipped main folder, it had three sub-folders (Images, Header, Whole). I selected the "whole" folder to import via the images menu button..... however it only imported the header part ..... so again, it would seem that the BV templates have the same issues as all other import template elements... or is there some other step I am missing here ???

Thanks,

Drew

Comment

You can IMPORT an html page. But again it may or may not import it correctly.

I use many things to design websites.. not just bv...including dreamweaver, frontpage and several others.

The bottom line here is that you cannot mix and match software.. you cannot edit any other templates with bv and then transfer them back to that other software., although i can create the same LOOK in bv as with other builders.. you cant do elements in one and then use another.

So yes you are MISSING that it cannot be done as i said.. you will have to manually ADD the missing pieces.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen,

I will press on ... appreciate the input !
            Best Regards DREW

Comment

Working...
            X