X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Project - Urgent help required

Hi all Vodahost Freelancers,

I am looking for one or several freelancers to help me complete, finetune and ‘professionalise’ a project I have already started. It consists of two main sites. One I have already built with BV and is starting to produce results (sales leads for a particular industry I used to work in) and comes up quite high in Google searches, depending on keywords used. The other site is only one page at this stage, and urgently needs to be fully developed. It will require custom script writing and help with website layout, design and everything with SEO in mind as well.

Basically both sites need to be linked through a database - form data entered on ‘Site 1’ (the existing site) will need to go in a database (which it already does through Navaldesign’s ABVFP) but then needs to be automatically distributed via email as a ‘sales lead’ to members who have registered and set up an account on another site. Who the lead goes to depends on variables, such as country-state-postcode and one or two other data variables. Some of the data will need to be stripped off before it gets emailed, as it is information I require, but the lead buyer doesn’t. A custom script is obviously required here. Navaldesign????? J

My hopes are this project can be done completely by Vodahost freelancers, as I love the hosting capabilities and flexibility and want to retain as much control over content management as possible through Bluevoda or, if required, through any of the other add-on modules (which I haven’t used yet). I want to support the Vodahost community as much as possible and not have to go to outside freelancers through Elance.com etc. But I guess it all depends on cost and capability.

The main concept details are below. Could I please have some initial feedback on the potential complexity/simplicity of this project? Interested parties can further communicate with me privately via email to discuss pricing and more details etc.

So here are the main basics that are to be incorporated in the site:

Site 1:
    1. New account/member registration with username & password and verified via automated email with account login link, after which account will be activated.
    2. Login area on home page and ‘My Account’ page for existing members
    3. Members will need to be able to pay for various sales lead packages (e.g. Trial package (3 free leads), 10 lead pack, 20 lead pack, 30 lead pack, 50 lead pack etc. with different pricing for each package)
    4. Member account credit to be automatically debited when a sales lead is emailed to them from ‘Site 2’ (the existing lead generation site I have developed)
    5. When members log in, they should have access to their account credit balance, be able to top it up and view lead history details
    6. Facility for members to notify and enter details of any fake leads or leads with wrong phone numbers etc.
    7. Website administrator (me!) to be able to manually increase credit to a member account (as refund for fake/faulty lead)
    8. Automated lead distribution via email to members, based on: country, state, postcode and maybe one or two other variables.
    9. The actual lead information must be emailed in some sort of formatted way (Arial font, correct spacing’s etc) for easy readability.
    10. Member account to be debited by the cost of each lead, once sent to them.
    11. Member Newsletter opt-in signup button with account set-up (e.g.; do you want to receive industry information via our newsletters and emails?) – this could then link to an Aweber account?
    12. Testimonials page
    13. Site to work on all browsers
    14. Site designed with SEO in mind

Site 2 (existing site)
    1. Form data to go into database linked to ‘Site 1’
    2. E-Book (and later other products) ordering page. Once ordered, it must be verified via automated email with download page link.
    3. Newsletter registration and management system (should I use Aweber for this linked to the database?)
    4. Testimonials page
    5. Site to work on all browsers
    6. Site redesigned with SEO in mind

Because of the (to me) complexity of the backend and the fact that regular updates are required (e.g. ‘Resources’ page and additional pages in future on both sites), I am wondering if BV is the best way to build this? My experience is that if you need to change something on each page, it’s a bit of a process with BV if there are many pages involved. Maybe a CMS based application like Joomla might be more suited, although I have no idea how to use it.

I also have registered an additional 10-15 domain names related to the industry that should link to the above sites or better still, have their own landing pages, which then continue to the main sites.

Because I want to keep the site confidential for now, I will email site domains privately to interested parties, however, as an idea what I am trying to create (although for an entirely different market), this link would be close to what I am trying to achieve in terms of functionality for ‘Site 1’: http://www.theherbaleadstore.com/EN/index.html

This link would be close to ‘Site 2’: http://www.buyerzone.com/office_equipment/copiers-digital/ - the date collected here (when you click on 'Get Started Now') would be used to send out as 'leads' via Site 1.

Once this project is complete, I have great domain names which I then want to use to duplicate all the above, but for multiple industries, like they’ve done with www.buyerzone.com, although mainly aimed at the Australian market. So more development assistance will be required for this!

Thank you for reading this lengthy brief and I hope it all makes sense. I figured the more detail, the better you can decide if this is within your scopes of ability and also to advise me if I am going to have to rob a bank!!!!!...or if this all is relatively simple for someone who knows what they’re doing (and therefore affordable for me!)

Many thanks in advance to everyone who replies.

Rob
    Email: rob@robalbert.com

Re: Website Project - Urgent help required

All of the above are possible with custom scripting. I don't think that a CMS can do all of the above as standalone, you will need custom scripting there too.
    Though the job is not so complicated, it certainly requires a lot of work. So it's not going to be a cheap job. Neither a short delivery one.

Many more details are required to estimate a cost. Much depends also on whether you already have a visual template or not, and if the freelancer will need to create also the site look.

If you wish you can contact me through my site contact form.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Website Project - Urgent help required

Thanks Navaldesign, I will contact you through your website.
      Cheers,
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X