video problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video problem

I'm trying to put some videos on my website but when I test putting an .avi file in to the windows media and publish it I get a message taht says a plug-in is needed and then no plug-in available. Here's the test page

I want to put a number of small videos on one page to give overviews of some property. Will this be a long download problem for viewers (assuming I can get this to work)
    HumBird
    www.Humnew.com

Re: video problem

what i would do and have done is take the avi file and convert to a swf file. that way the file is smaller and will play on all computors on demand. to play many videos it's best that you use 1 page per video. just have a link on one master page and the video will come up on it's own page when someone clicks on the video link. the link can either be a text or an image. here are some examples of this:
    www.videopostcards.info
    if you do not have a convertor you can google this - i opted not to use any free ware to do this as i found a piece of software that converts very nicely. very little loss of quality.

good luck
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Over all the best format for your videos is FLV as this will give you a greater choice in player you can use.
      One of the Best converters is Eltima Video to Flash Converter which at $39.95 is not bad for what it can do. the converter also gives you the option to add audio/video controls to the resulting video. along with options to watermark with text or image and a option to crop the video.

if your look for players there are a lot of free ones on the NET but watch out for the link backs and adds. players that can come with play list are often better.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Over all the best format for your videos is FLV as this will give you a greater choice in player you can use.

Hi Alien Dude, I asked in the forum how to play .flv files in my website and I was told I had to convert them to Mindows Media, Real or Quicktime ... is this correct ?? Thanks for your help. Liam.

Comment

Originally posted by ldelaney View Post
          I asked in the forum how to play .flv files in my website and I was told I had to convert them to Mindows Media, Real or Quicktime ... is this correct ?? Thanks for your help. Liam.
          No the best format is FLV but you will need a Video Player to view it if not built in. There are a lot of free one out there or you could invest in a player.
          Window media, Real Time, and Quicktime though easy to install into BV will not play on all operating systems unless the user has the plugin or software installed. 95% of users computers has flash active control installed so the chances of your video being seen using flash are alot higher.
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

I had no luck with the flv file but got a swf onto my page. Problem is it will not start unless the page is refreshed, even though i checked autostart on the flash window in BV. Is there a way to start, and stop, a .swf by clicking on it? Here's the page- it's annoying to have it start again every time you go back to this page.

Thanks!
            HumBird
            www.Humnew.com

Comment

as i said previously, if you have the right converting software then you can have anything you want in a swf format. you can have a click to start button, you can have a built in tv monitor where you can fast forward etc.... it is all in the soft ware. if you go to my home page you will see i wanted a click to start feature. there are many videos that are autostart, looped etc.... if you send me the file, telling me the features you want such as size etc..... i would be happy to convert for you at no cost. if the file is more than 10mb's just use yousendit.com and they will have it for me to upload in my computor, i will convert then send it back to you. let me know.
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by HumBird View Post
                I had no luck with the flv file but got a swf onto my page. Problem is it will not start unless the page is refreshed, even though i checked autostart on the flash window in BV.

Thanks!
                just a note>>> your video looks fine for me. once opened the page it starts directly.

Comment

Free .Flv downloader / converter.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

...yet another good tip - tks!!
                    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Humbird

These might give you a different idea on how to implement this. The first is http://www.subeagle.com/social-golf-rules-of-golf.php and the second is http://www.subeagle.com/social-golf-cures.php. As you can see, all videos are youtube. I created a YT account and uploaded the vids. That way, there is no need for players. On the first sample, I had buttons that link to html pages with html element that calls the YT clip. On the second, the links are on text that calls other html pages. You can have images (photos) of each property that links to their own html pages. Soon as an image is clicked, the vid appears with start, stop, pause buttons (normal YT features).

Good luck
                      Millie
                      www.subeagle.com

Comment

Working...
                      X