Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erratic appearance of incorrect graphics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erratic appearance of incorrect graphics!

I am transferring this issue from "text size diffrent on publishing" issue as this one needs a seperate thread of it's own.

I'm having some graphic object erratically replacing some other graphics for some undefined reasons in my published pages. For example, the graphic of a DVD cover on the top left corner in this page http://www.island-i.tv/sega.html being replaced by a button from this page http://www.island-i.tv/intkiosk_com.html

Some search in the pages brought the following possible cause:

bluevoda program generates names (dual names in case of rollover buttons) in the html codes of each object.

Two seperate graphics objects have the same name in the generated html codes which result in the final published page showing the same graphic instead of two different ones. The page which is published the last has the graphic object showing in priority. For instance, graphic A in page A would have a name like BV01024.png in its html code and graphic B in page C would have the same name generated. As both pages and their graphic objects are hosted in the same public_html folder and their can be only one object with that name, one of the pages would display its graphic wrongly.

Does anyone have any solutions to prevent this?

Jeetendra

Re: Erratic appearance of incorrect graphics!

Its usually created from cutting & pasting using your mouse. In BV try going to the image & right clicking on the item & using the edit in the menu bar to cut & then paste back into the same spot. Save & republish.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,
      I cut and paste it from the menu.I verified the png name file in the html code; it effectively change from bv01018.png to bv01001.png. i verified in the FTP manager if another graphic with this name is in the website; yes. I published the page where I made the "cut and paste", it publishes with the graphic correctly. BUT, now the other page which was associated with the graphic bv01001.png (which was hosted and was overwritten when I published the page as mentioned) does not show the correct graphic.

Please advise,

Thanks

Jeetendra

Comment

Again.. this is because of copy and paste.

You will have to repeat the steps until it clears up.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X