This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my wp blog

Some time ago I set up a wp blog - worked a little at it, but left it as it is a complete new learning curve, at the time too time consuming as I was busy with my site. It appeared a little more complicated than the google one, however I want to keep all within Blue voda and Voda host. (for very good reason - its the best.)
    My site is now complete and I would like to continue to see if I can come to grips with my wp blog.

I bookmarked my URL as suggested in the email received, and have a hardcopy of this, the URL is

Well its disappeared.. can any one help me to recover this please.
    Thank you
    Hans

Re: Lost my wp blog

It cant just disappear.. most likely a typing error.. look your control panel file manager for the correct path

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen,
      I have gone your route.
      The only url's I see there are two identical - forextraderspa.com. opening them both give the same content which is clearly the site, not the blog bits and pieces.

The given for WP blog taken from the istallation notification received from Voda is

but it gives me a 404 fault... should it have a file ext.? I have tried all the ones I know but no result... what should it be if any please?
      Thank you

Comment

when i click that i get your login

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello Karen,
          Well it was not easy but you were right I had the full stop that would normally follow www in the URL thus http://.forex etc... therin lye the gremlin. Like looking for a needle in a haystack.
          Karen I have now spent another 1 and a half hours trying all I can see in wordpress to try and work in its edit version... it is simply impossible.

The moment I go to the screen to do some work on a post and I let go the screen auromatically scrolls/shoots to the top of the page... one can not work like that. Do you have any suggestions as to what i might try, and if you say do "this" please tell me wher I would find the "this" I am a total newbie at blogging.
          There are some faults to be rectified, but I can not work in Edit.
          Thank you
          Hans

Comment

Hans.. i dont know.. i dont see what you see, and i cant tell if you have altered the installation in any manner etc. I dont have these issues. As i mentioned before you need to sit down and go thru their manual and tutorials to LEARN it.. its impossible to teach you everything here.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
              As i mentioned before you need to sit down and go thru their manual and tutorials to LEARN it.. its impossible to teach you everything here.
              AMEN!

The place to learn and find resources for WordPress is the WordPress Community itself!
              And, if reading is easier, you can download the WordPress documentation HERE

PS: If you still believe you are having problems with "locating" your WordPress installation, you might do well to review the Control Panel Tutorials to become more familiar with how to get around in your cPanel to "find" the installation ....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X