Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help For a new Blogger

Hi Everyone Again.
    I want to start a blog on my website. I have been thought the tutorial on how to install it into cpannel and done that, put a posting and that works. The only way I can see the blog is to go to www.naturistalgarve.com/blog
    Can I have this as a page on my site for peopel to view?
    Can I have an like on the site to take you to the blog page within my site?

I know this might sound daft but how will people be albe to use the blog if they can see it on the site (they have to type the url above)
    I have been thought the forum and cant find anything about actually being able to publis the blog.

Thanks everyone again for your help
    Sesh
    (sorry to be aapin)

Re: Help For a new Blogger

Lordy! You simply put a LINK to your blog on your website, so when visitors click on it, they are delivered directly to it.

THE LOGIC
    Your blog has an index page, correct? (Yes, it does). This required you to create a separate Directory to install your blog into, otherwise it would have created a conflict with your website: each Directory can have only 1 index page.
    THIS is why you need to link to your blog away from your website proper, to the separate Directory it is installed to. Think of your blog as another website alongside your other website, as if they were each on opposite sides of a road, and the need to go across the road to get to either one (because you can't be on both sides of the road at the same time, right?).

Your link (however you create it on your website: text, button, etc.) to your blog looks like this: http://www.naturistalgarve.com/blog/
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      Lordy! You simply put a LINK to your blog on your website, so when visitors click on it, they are delivered directly to it.

THE LOGIC
      Your blog has an index page, correct? (Yes, it does). This required you to create a separate Directory to install your blog into, otherwise it would have created a conflict with your website: each Directory can have only 1 index page.
      THIS is why you need to link to your blog away from your website proper, to the separate Directory it is installed to. Think of your blog as another website alongside your other website, as if they were each on opposite sides of a road, and the need to go across the road to get to either one (because you can't be on both sides of the road at the same time, right?).

Your link (however you create it on your website: text, button, etc.) to your blog looks like this: http://www.naturistalgarve.com/blog/
      Oh My God lol. You really must get hacked off with "thick O's" trying to do things. Now you have explained it it seems very simple lol
      This is probley why I cant up load an up-dated page to my site now as the password I set on the blog has messed about with my log-in password.
      Is there any way of re-setting the acces password to the publisher button on BV?
      The password is the same for cpannel and that still works.
      Jon

Comment

If you are locked out of your Control Panel due to the server auto-protect (multiple attempts are read as a hack attempt, and it locks everyone out), use the link in my signature below to Submit a Support Ticket to request your password be reset.

And I've learned it is better to try to get people to understand the process first, rather than spoon-feed them steps that make no sense to them. You know, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for the day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life"???
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X