This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voobly.net - Resources for a gaming client

The overall point of this website is to give out information, links, guides, patches and downloads for a new gaming community that will be playing on a new client coming out soon. This client will allow players to play CDROM games online like age of empires, Microsoft ants, midtown madness and such. So, I would say this is a sort of fan based website for the main website! Its not built with bluevoda, but with an script.Its far from done, but I appreciate feedback on the design, structure and such!

Thankyou!

Pico

Re: Voobly.net - Resources for a gaming client

no link - no review!
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

The link to the site is in the Thread Title ... www.voobly.net

Dr. Van Bevren,
      I hope you are aware of the Terms of Service of your VodaHost account, and are not potentially violating any of the specific terms, notably 2.3, 10a, 10f, 11.1a, 11.1b, etc.

I would not like to see you account suspended for any unclear reason.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

So vasil maybe you can explain ... Why cant my users upload small 5mb files / images for viewing? I see many bluevoda sites allowing that?

Comment

In order for your "clients" to upload images to display on your site, you either have to have a script that allows this in a CMS or forum type format (permitted), or to run a separate script to allow FTP protocol to be shared (forbidden).
          Running this 3rd party script is borderline "File-Sharing," stricly forbidden by Terms of Service (see notations in my earlier post).
          Additionally, creating a 'download' type site as you mentioned is also forbidden. Again, see notations.
          And, lastly, you are irrespective of the amount of server resources you will draw upon, which is a provision of Terms you need to be completely cognizant of before beginning.

These simple issues up front are worthy of concern, notwithstanding the unclarified ownership of the site and whether or not you are possibly "hostiong by proxy" in potential violation as well.

All together, these questions and unaddressed issues paint a rather bleak picture of your compliance, understanding, and intent regarding Terms of Service, and, in my opinion, should be publically addressed fully to the satisfaction of VodaHost and the Moderators before you now ....

Comment

Im sorry its still a little complicated to understand your post vasilli but thankyou, im not as good with English as you (I use a spellchecker). If this is wrong, how else may I provide upload service for my members? Do i switch to a new host?

Comment

You will have to re-think your intentions about what type of functions you want to offer to visitors, and then decide on a platform that will meet those functional requirements .... you have many options to keep your hosting at VodaHost .... you can most definitely use a CMS script like Joomla, Mambo, Drupal, or even Xoops that have these functions built-in and can be customized easily. These types of foundations are permitted in your account, as well as possibly a Shopping Cart if you wish to distribute (download) many files, as you can do this with or without charging: look into Soholaunch, osCommerce, ZEN, Cube Cart, etc. all of which are available to you to install Free via Fantastico in your VodaHost Control Panel.

If you are happy with the script you have installed so far, and intend to use it as described, then I would suggest you migrate to another hosting provider in order not to violate VodaHost's Terms of Service --- knowingly or unknowingly.

Spend some time to really plan, outline, and specify your website to be sure you are mutually complying with your Provider and your own needs!

Comment

Working...
              X