Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using ABVFP - Need a Form Field error message to activate

HI,

When using the normal BV Form Builder, you can set it so that an error box appears when an entry into a field is not correct, stating exactly which field needs correcting.

However, I have started using the ABVFP Form Building System, and I cannot find a way for it to do the same. I have set up the Url error page, which is fine, but that just generalises and does not tell the user where the error is. Ideally I would prefer the customer to know exactly which form field needs correcting. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve.

Re: using ABVFP - Need a Form Field error message to activate

The ABVFP php validation is completely independent from the built in BV form validation.
    With ABVFP you can have both.
    Create the form in BV and add your validation within BV. This will provide a first level (in page) Javascript validation.

The ABVFP validation instead, will come into scene if someone overides the first level validation (or has Javascript disabled in his browser)

However, the ABVFP error system, if used correctly WILL report the errors, so you must have done something wrong in building your error page.

In the manual you can find full instructions on how to do this. You can also use the error page that comes in the zip and customize the look to be the same as the rest of your site.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks George,

although when using your errorpage, I do not get any info coming up in the error box (I am purposely missing out boxes to test it).

The link to the page I am working on is

http://www.weddingstocelebrate.co.uk/template8/template8index.php

Does it matter that this website is a sub-domain from my main one? I have still placed the ABVFP folder in the main public file, just wondered if the Url to the sub-domain is throwing the script somehow.

The BV validation system still does not appear to be working since I have started using the ABVFP. Scratching my head here!!

Thanks,

Steve.

Comment

Your form name is wrong: Weddingstocelebrate confirmation form

There should be NO white spaces, as they break the BV validation Javascript.

If ABVFP is in another domain, sessions don't work (and though the captcha displays, it will give an error message

Copy the following files from the ABVFP folder of the main domain :

dbts_abvfp.php dbts_ABVFP_config.php captcha.php verdana.ttf

in the subdomain folder.

Then change the form action to be simply: dbts_abvfp.php

Bythe way: I like the look very..
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi George,

The BV validation system works great now, many thanks.

To get the abvfp working I had to locate the files you mentioned into this file.

The problem now is the captcha no longer works correctly (an error message comes up on the error page.

I did try locating the files you mentioned directly into the subdomain folder, but I kept getting errors, saying the files were absent from the template8 sub-folder (hence why I have now put them in there). Is that correct?

I am glad you like the look of the website, you are not planning on getting married soon are you? lol.

Cheers,

Steve.

Comment

Sorry, I did mention that you need to copy the captcha.php and verdana.ttf, BUT i forgot to mention that you should change the captcha code to point to "captcha.php" instead of http://thecentr..........com/ABVFP/captcha.php

As i wrote in my previous post, captcha doesn't work between different domains.
            Navaldesign

Comment

That is fine work George, most excellent, thank you very much.

Can I just ask, I am looking to use the template 8 page as a template for the 7 other pages (templates 1, 2, 3,.......7), is it a matter of saving the files you mentioned (dbts_abvfp.php dbts_ABVFP_config.php captcha.php verdana.ttf) along with each template page in their respective folders? (inside template 1 folder, template 2 folder etc)

Cheers George for your help

Steve.

Comment

No, not necessary. You can set the action ad the captcha to point to the ones you already put in the template8 folder:

Action: http://www.weddingstocelebrate.co.uk...dbts_abvfp.php

Captcha: http://www.weddingstocelebrate.co.uk...e8/captcha.php
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you George for all of your help, very much appreciated.

By the way, the shopping cart you did for me is still working great.

Cheers,

Steve Meakin

Comment

My apologies for opening up this thread again George, but I have just noticed the file uploads are not uploading to the ABVFP/wedding_uploads file. Is this because weddingstocelebrate is a sub-domain and I need to move some files?

Many thanks,

Steve.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Just tested your form and the file seems to be uploading just fine. The autoresponder message includes the file name, as it should. So i can only suppose that you have fixed it ?

EDIT: Yes, i see that you have fixed it as i can see the file i uploaded on your server.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

When I click on the link in the autoresponder, it comes up with the message below.

Not Found

The requested URL /ABVFP/wedding_uploads/931f36ca71_Ninfee.jpg was not found on this server.

It arrives in the email fine, but should it not upload to the wedding_uploads file too? Ideally, if I have a problem with my email for any reason, I would prefer to have the option of downloading it direct if I can.

Much appreciated,

Steve.

Comment

Hi Steve, the file is there, in http://www.weddingstocelebrate.co.uk...a71_Ninfee.jpg

But the path to the file included in the mail is wrong.

What are your settings for the upload folder field in the ABVFP control panel ?

Please note that since this is a subdomain and the main file (dbts_abvfp.php) is now in the folder of this subdomain, your settings for the upload folder should be relative to this folder and not relative to the ABVFP folder on the main site.

So that should be simply "wedding_uploads"
                          Navaldesign

Comment

That is great George, all sorted, thank you.

To make it all work, I have had to put all of the files you originally mentioned in the same folder as each form, so too the wedding_uploads folder. That means each template will have to have its own set of files and upload folder.

I know you mentioned about redirecting to one set of files, but when I tried that it did not seem to work (perhaps an error on my part there). But by putting the files with each Form, it works fine.

If you can see any potential problems ahead with doing it this way George, then please do tell.

Thanks again for all your help George.

Steve.

Comment

Therte is no problem doing so. Just more work.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X