Sort of a Shopping Cart Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort of a Shopping Cart Question

I am trying to add a shopping cart to one of my sites but have already used the SOHO option for another part of the site and will need to build it in BV.

The difficulty I am having is that I want this cart just to compile the order and send it to me, I do not want a payment gateway, The purchaser are account holders who will be invoiced in the normal way so the shopping cart would be a showrooms as such where customers can view product and order at the same time.

Is their a way to do this in BV as I really want the control over the page elements that BV gives.

Regards
    DaveK
    Dave K

www.irishhorsemarkets.com
    www.ecklandssportshorses.com

Re: Sort of a Shopping Cart Question

you could just use a form as long as you dont request payment method and card numbers.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      you could just use a form as long as you dont request payment method and card numbers.

Karen
      Hi Karen

Let me explain, I want to build the pages to show various products, so page A product range 1 Bage B product range 2 etc. and I wanted to put add to cart buttons on indivdual items but then when customer has finished ordering his/her list of goods would come to me by mail.

If I add a form for each product I would end up with multiple mails per order. Is there a way to combine the info into one mail IE like a shopping cart order.

Thanks for any advice

Kind regards
      Dave
      Dave K

www.irishhorsemarkets.com
      www.ecklandssportshorses.com

Comment

Yes.. but its not free, youd need a custom cart for that.... and youd still have add to cart buttons so to speak.. and could even make it go to paypal or authorize.net for checkout.

What you are asking is not easy to do without a scripted cart...and specialized scripting to do it in bv. Thats why the ecommerce industry has upteem hundred cart systems...and is database driven...its much easier to make a database display contents on the fly.. then what you are asking bv to do.

If you dont want to process the payment.. and bill or invoice them later.. id make a form with all the OPTIONS in it and they could just refer to the pages or you could put images next to the form boxes instead of a text element. This way youd still get just one email per form.

I think you will be much happier using a cart system.. than trying to make bv do more than intended or investing in custom scripts.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X