This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best width to set page?

I have my site looking pretty good on my monitor but I looked at it on someone's laptop tonight and found some problems. The main problem is my page width. While a page completely covers my monitor, what I saw tonight I need to make everything wider. What is the best size to set the width at?

Thanks!

Re: Best width to set page?

785 for all to see, 985 for most to see. As a sample VH's main site is only around 750 wide
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Okay, mine's set at 860 yet it looked small in the middle of the monitor on the laptop with all kinds of blank space on either side.

Do the pages show differently depending on what browser you're using? For instance, they appear to look fine with Internet Explorer, the laptop was using Safari.

Comment

It is not a question of browser, it is a question of monitor dimensions and resolution.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X