Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to redirect different addon domain urls to the primary (addon domain) one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to redirect different addon domain urls to the primary (addon domain) one?

I have created a couple of Addon Domains on my host account. Right after I added them from the cPanel I realized anyone can access them in a few different ways. As you know Addon domain works similar to your subdomains, so you can access them exactly the same way you can access your subdomains. The main difference between Addon domain and sub domain is that Addon domain works independently like any other domain.
    Anyway, so I realized that these are the few ways my site visitors can access my Addon domains:

And of course again the same URLs without the WWW. Now, this wasn’t good enough for me. Why? Because having many different copies of the same content is telling Google that I’ve got duplicate contents. Because to Google bot all these different URLs display their own copy of the content. So I wanted to point all these different doorways of Addon domain to one central location to avoid the duplicate copy confusion.

To be precise, that’s to point the links http://www.addondomain.maindomain.com/ and
    http://www.maindomain.com/addondomain/ to http://www.addondomain.com/ .
    I need your assistance in achieving the above.

Re: How to redirect different addon domain urls to the primary (addon domain) one?

Won't make a difference in how Google analyzes the Content and calculates the baseline values, and will still be cause to impose sanctions on all sites: Rule of Thumb for Content is that it needs to be no more than 15% similar to other cached Content from separate URL's (specifically unique URL's -- different domains or add-on's). Google can determine relationships between sites and ownership, and not just by whter or not it is a sub-domain (which is why Spammers have abandoned misuse of sub-domains and add-on domains in favor of unique domains in separate accounts). No matter how you look at it, it's still "Google Bombing."
    More Black Hat Methods To Avoid

Resolving you linking issues really does not seem to make sense to me today .... may just be my brain is fried, but without actually seeing what you are trying to accomplish, I can't imagine what it really is you are trying to do .... or if your account structure (with all the add-on's) has been properly created to begin with.
    Maybe post again with some live URL's and a clearer description of what you really want?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: How to redirect different addon domain urls to the primary (addon domain) one?

I'm trying to redirect urls
      http://www.celestailcars.googlebusinessdirectory.net/ and
      http://www.googlebusinessdirectory.net/celestailcars/ to http://www.celestailcars.com/ .

Pl note, googlebusinessdirectory.net is my main domain and celestialcars.com is one of my addon domains.

I have figured out the .htaccess code for the first part .ie. the code to redirect googlebusinessdirectory.net/celestialcars to celestialcars.com. I placed the below code in .htaccess of /public_html

Redirect 301 /celestialcars http://www.celestialcars.com

It's working fine. Now I need to know how to redirect celestialcars.googlebusinessdirectory.net to celestialcars.com.

Comment

This is complete overkill, and you need not do this whatsoever if these "add-on domains" are in fact unique registered domains.

IF you have these similar and complimentary domains merely to "cover the market" and to deal with the various issues of people misspelling, variations, etc. in their search, then you simply "Forward" those domains towww.celestalicars.com outright ...... you do NOT need to deal with any re-direction of sub-domain paths or other links at all, since the domains being forwarded are not really a site at all (do no have any pages), correct?? It is just a way to direct traffic .... you just need to FORWARD all traffic from one domain to another domain.

You are fixated on seeing the server heirarchy and misunderstand that just because those directory entries are there -which you may misunderstand as a means to arrive as if there was a site/page there to get to- does not mean they are like an 'open door' which can allow traffic in ..... once you make a global domain entry (Forwarding) ALL traffic and activity with be affected.

There is no need to complicate the process of Forwarding a domain either ... you need not create 301's or modify htaccess files .... this is a simple click entry in the Domain Control Panel.

Keep it simple ...keep it working.

Comment

I'm seeing all the below three urls indexed by google.

1. celestailcars.googlebusinessdirectory.net
          2. googlebusinessdirectory.net/celestailcars
          3. celestailcars.com

googlebusinessdirectory.net is my main domain and celestialcars.com is one of addon domain.

The contents in all the above three urls are same. That's reason my trying to redirect celestailcars.googlebusinessdirectory.net and googlebusinessdirectory.net/celestailcar to celestailcars.com to avoid duplicate content.

Comment

BECAUSE all domains are associated with ONE HOSTING ACCOUNT!
            >> celestailcars.com is the PRIMARY domain, and the others are listed as ADD-ON domanins (PS: "celestail" is spelled wrong ... should be "celestial")
            As I said before, you do not understand the difference between seeing the server structure and how domains actually work: once you actually purchase the domains, paths will be established, and if you FORWARD your add-on domains to your PRIMARY, Google will no longer only have the server info to cache (and it because you have not purchased the domains that the only reference to them is the server structure you created in your account)! Google will then eliminate the info you see and associate the add-on to your primary without diminishing values of your Primary.

Just do this and see for yourself: stop trying to think around established protocols!

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Right from the beginning, I presume my question was not understood correctly.

Celestialcars.com is one of my addon-domains and it is not my main-domain as you have understood (and mentioned in your earlier email). googlebusinessdirectory.net is my main-domain.

I'm just trying forward the link, celestialcars.googlebusinessdirectory.net to celestialcars.com. Any help?

----------------------------
              Celestial Cars

Comment

Well if you created it correctly theres no need to REDIRECT IT.

Simply create the addon celesticalcars.com and publish to it

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X