Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdf downloadable ebook

Hi,
    I have a downloadable e-book on my site (ftp) (www.reikiroger.com) and have been trying to work out if there is any way I can check how many times it has been uniquely downloaded. Can anyone help?
    All help gratefully received.

Re: pdf downloadable ebook

I am not sure if there is a smarter way but i would capture some info about your visitor, ie name email address by using a form. When the visitor fills the form in and submit it they will be taken to a 'success page' so the visitor can ACTUALLY down load the e-book from here and you will be emailed details of this visitor. Perhaps one way of doing it??
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks for that. Was thinking that this might be the way to check downloads but was wondering is there was just a simple counter. Once again, thanks. Small world - I used to work in Bristol some years ago.

Comment

Hi annelouise/Roger,
        interesting site so I took a little look & came up with the following comments/suggestions/corrections which I hope you will take in the friendly spirit with which they are made :)
        1. you have a lot of side-scroll on all pages - need to set the page widths accordingly
        2. a personal observation: I wonder why you have so many encyclopediae links on so many UN-related words?
        Home: It allows us not only to heal the physical ailments that afflict us - I know you go on to say on another page about how Reiki does NOT actually heal but as this statement is on your home page I would rephrase it
        About me:
        promoting and practising Reiki.
        remember that if I can help with advice
        5. What is Reiki?: the link button to "Does Reiki work?" is hidden behind a cloud for some reason ;)
        Dr. Mikao Usui, a Japanese Christian minister and theology teacher. Unfortunately you are one of many who believe in the propaganda of Hawayo Takata (I was also for many yearsLOL) You should read this, particularly the 5th. paragraph starting: "Most of the information being taught......"
        6. Workshops: ....and practise treatment on yourself
        ditto with 2nd. degree
        7. Guestbook: you have a somewhat INappropriate message pertaining to V I A G R A!!!!
        8. Principles: headache is one word
        9. the Ebook: page 34...would like to know please (let me) e-mail me.
        page 4....doze off). page 33...front of your heart.
        page 32....that is easy to learn and to practise. .......and evening to practise page 5.......clutter up the web site
        page 6 see my earlier reference to the 'true' Usui story

OK, have to stop here. Roger, your site is nice, please don't misunderstand, & your intentions are honourable, but I have stopped telling any new students the "traditional" Usui story as it it is obviously inaccurate. In the end, Reiki is a wonderful tool & we should all just get on with it, eh? LOL
        Love & Light,
        david

Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Hello David,
          Thanks for that, no constructive comments can cause offense. Much appreciated, especially the editing-always a weak spot.
          I have just put Guest book on site and instantly spam for ******, annoying. Can't find out how to stop it, any ideas? As for the Encyclopediea links... just started with infolinks.com don't know about that yet.
          As for Usui story...Not the place to go into it here, bit off thread and would bore everyone rigid... I never have taught it as true but as a teaching it is great. If you would like to discuss I'd love to hear from you. Guest Book or email.
          Once again, thanks for your help and interest.

Comment

Working...
          X