Getting the items in a combo box to work with Paypal add to cart button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the items in a combo box to work with Paypal add to cart button

I am building a new ecommerce page for my site (not published yet as it's not finished - www.yummystuffinabox.co.uk and have added a combo box which contains, say, 6 items to choose from. Each item is within a similar catagory e.g. Sussex ***** Juices' but they are different type of juice and some are priced differently. When I set up the paypal 'add to cart' button it asks for an item description, price etc. This is fine for the top item which you see in the combo box but my question is...how do I setup the 'add to cart' button with the details of any of the other items in the combo box when they are selected? HELP!

Re: Getting the items in a combo box to work with Paypal add to cart button

Pretty simple ... you can't!

The only way you can use a 'combobox' to show a selection of items is to provide a link for each item that when clicked will take visitors to a page for that item -- this is where you can have the item description, image, and the PayPal buttons (Add To Cart, Buy Now, etc.).

You have to understand that the PayPal buttons are really nothing more than coded links that take visitors to PayPal to process according to the information coded into those links (for each specific item) ... they are "action items."
    There is no way to provide all the information you would like to in a combobox, but like mentioned, you CAN offer a selection and for each item in the list a link that will take visitors to a single page with that item fully described and which has on it the PayPal links ....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You need a custom cart button to do this on a single button, that directs to a cart PRIOR to going to paypal. Contact Naval or myself if you are interested in PURCHASING one.. or you can search the net.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

If you are interested in a custom cart, you can inquire with an Approved VodaHost Freelancer to review options available.

Choice Pro Shoppe is one such option, and boasts many features proven to be favored both by website owners and customers alike.
        For more information you can inquire using the Choice Pro Webs link in my signature below. (Pro Shoppe details in "Signature Solutions")

** Since you have not even begun to publish your site, you may wish to consider another option altogether: use one of the Free Shopping Carts offered via Fantastico in your Control Panel and just set it for PayPal processing .... you will get all the full-featured functionality of a shopping cart (like you listing of different items, sizes, etc.) and still mainain the simplicity of processing payments via PayPal.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hello Vasili, thank you very much for your reply. I am a novice at this website building thing but have managed to build and publish most of my new site using BlueVoda. Although the published pages do need editing and improving somewhat, it is the ability for customers to order and pay online I am still lacking. I published my ecommerce page yesterday to see what functionality might be in the paypal buttons but now see exactly what you mean about them - thanks for clarifying that. I have downloaded Zen Cart and it's database has installed in one of my mySQL databases in the cPanel. However, could you tell me where I can access the features of Zen Cart? I had thought some icons or buttons or something might make itself apparent in Bluevoda i.e. like the paypal buttons - but can't see anything.

Your further assistance really would be hugely appreciated.

Mike

Comment

Zen cart isnt compatible with BV.. You have to log into it seperately. An email should have been sent to you when you installed it

www.yoursite.com/admin/

or similiar link

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X