HELP! Problem publishing GO MENU files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Problem publishing GO MENU files

First time doing this so could use some help!
    I have a main page www.mywebsite.com which I have loaded and is working fine. On that page I have a navigation bar with 10 different pages. I have linked and uploaded one of them www.mywebsite.com/nav1.html and this works fine! My problem is my GO MENU on this page which needs to link to numerous pther pages within my site. I have named the 1st one on the list "example" - the link is www.website.com/nav1/example.html I have published this page numerous times and keep getting the same error 404.
    Where am I going wrong? Getting frustrated as I am NOT a computer whiz and don't understand computer terms!!!
    Alison
    http://www.where-to-stay-southafrica.com

sigpic

Re: HELP! Problem publishing GO MENU files

well we cant tell you without a legitimate LINK to your site.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry! Wasn't sure if my actual one must go on here - as I say, I'm a newbie....
      My main page is www.where-to-stay-southafrica.com - this is loaded
      On the navigation, I have loaded Mpumalanga www.where-to-stay-southafrica.com/mpumalanga.html - this is also ok
      On Mpumalanga page there is a GO Menu - I have tried loading the first one Badplaas www.where-to-stay-southafrica.com/mpumalanga/badplaas.html - it says it has been published but when I try and open it from the Go menu I receive error 404
      My site takes ages to open - can i do something to make it upload faster?
      Thanks in advance
      Alison

sigpic

Comment

You have linked it to a subdirectory that doesnt exist ..

This should be all you need.

Your site loaded ok for me.. you probably could work on some of your images..pixel wise that is.. for faster loading

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That worked, thanks a lot!
          What size should my pictures be to gain a little more speed when pages upload?
          Are there any other factors that are slowing things up?
          Alison

sigpic

Comment

Hi,
            your site loaded almost instantly for me (FF + b/band) & I like the way it looks like it's going.
            Only thing: on Home top left corner next to the flag you've got some text: "whether it be..."etc. Over that & obscuring the text a little is "COMFY STAY" in big letters??
            david

PS....only 1 (so far LOL) grammar/spelling error: on your Mpumalanga page -
            A dazzling wildlife complement of some 150 species of mammals... don't be upset, not many people are even aware that there are 2 spellings with 2 meanings of this word!!
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
            X