Newbie w/ a couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie w/ a couple of questions

Blue Voda is my third try at builders. I've been playing with it since yesterday and, so far, I only have one issue. When I add a picture, let's say to the far left, and then preview, the picture isn't where I placed it in the builder.
    #2 This site is going to be a Tribute site. I want my home page to just be a background "wallpaper" with an enter button to the rest of my pages. How big (width x height) should I make it? I want it to fill entire page. Right now I'm using 1200 X 800 picture.
    #3 I haven't played with the video part yet but here's the question. I had planned on using You tube video's for my site, but in the last week, the embed possibilty has been disabled by whoever does that. Now I can't use those video's, which were very essential to my site. My question is, if I find the video's online somewhere else, how do I download to my computer and then how do I put them on my site. Sorry for that question. I'm not too savvy when it comes to downloading and uploading music or video's.
    OK that's it for now. I hope someone can help. So far I really like Blu Voda and I want to sign up with VodaHost just as soon as I learn a little more.

Re: Newbie w/a couple of questions

#2. Generally it's recommended to set page width at around 800 - click on page properties & set the width there
    #3. Normally you can see an "embed" window next to any YouTube video. Copy this code, open an HTML box on your page, double click on it & paste the code in. You may find
    this site also interesting.....
    good luck & welcome to BlueVoda - you can have a lot of fun playing with it :)
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Thanks for your reply ahimsa. Re: you tube video. The vids I want are no longer "embedable". I'll try the link you gave me. Have you used that site before? How do I get the converted video from the email they send me, to my hard drive? Also, if I set my page width to 800, is my page going to fill computer screens? I want FULL coverage like a wallpaper.
      Thanks again.

Comment

To save a video to your hard drive that has been emailed to you, simply double-click on it and SAVE to wherever you decide.
        If you find a video online you wish to save to your computer, right-click on the link and SAVE TARGET AS and specifiy where on your computer to save it.

If you want your website to auto-fill the display of viewers, you will need to use a specialized script, or template, to have this feature active .... Blue Voda does not have this feature available, for it is written in a different coding that would conflict with what is required for this auto-fill feature to be available. You need to select a PHP or HTML based template that has this feature already written into it, and then customize the template as desired.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X