Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up store and oscommerce

Hello,
    I am trying to set up my online shop and website. I want to devide the website up into three sections.
    1) for USA customers to be able to shop for US products in US dollars from US suppliers.
    2) for Australian customers to be able to shop for Aus products in Australian dollars from Aus suppliers (this makes shipping really easy)
    3) And then for other nations to be able to shop in US dollars.

So thats two currency options that I need to know how to install and which payment gateway would be the best for this that I can link two separate accounts to. One for US currency and one for Aus currency.

I don't have difficulty in splitting the website and pages, but I do not know how to receive the two different currencies specific to certain products. How can I do this? Is it possible. Can i link a US currency bank account and a seperate AU dollar account tot he same shopping cart?

Please help as soon as you can
    Thanks so much

My vodahost domain name is www.hanachengeta.com but I am not sure there will be much there right now. The original website i had there has dissappeared since I tried to open the store :)

Re: Setting up store and oscommerce

What "store"/shopping cart are you using?

If you are using osCommerce, Soholaunch, or Zen cart, each comes with multiple languages/currency options that address this issue easily ... but to assist you, you will need to disclose which cart you are using.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hello, Thanks for your quick reply. I appreciate the help. I have SohoLaunch Pro, and I have chosen the osCommerce. I don't mind if I need to change my choice though. So from what you have said I would be able to receive US dollars and Australian dollars? And I will be able to list some items in US $ only and others in Australian $ only. Is that correct?
      Thanks so much again for the assistance.

Kind regards
      equus1on1

Comment

Your reply is confusing still, but I need to assume that you are attempting to use osCommerce.

You will enter the prices for all items in only one currency as default.

You must enable multi-languages which in turn enables currency conversion from Default to whatever Language/Currency is selected by Visitors. *Depending on the version of osCommerce or template you have installed, a simple-to-install Language plug-in (osC calls them "contributions") may be required, and you can select one from the osC Main Website.

If selling "Internationally" you must also configure Shipping Terms and Costs appropriately.

If you are using PayPal as payment processing, whatever you select as default currency (which will be displayed as Item Pricing in your store) will automatically be converted from the currency their payment method (credit card, eCheck, etc.) is defaulted to your default currency, charging the customer the conversion fee in addition to the full price of the item. *Be sure to mention this "added fee" in your Policy so the Customer has full disclosure prior to transaction.

For further "steps" or particular methods, please use the link in my Signature below to explore the Support Community that has all of these questions and more previously answered fully along with the various tips and techniques that will allow you to progress seamlessly. The VodaTalk Forums offer only limited support for these technologies, and cannot match the abundant resources for your particular needs!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X