"Finally Finished" Spy Shop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Finally Finished" Spy Shop.

I've been slowly getting this site up and running, but it's finally done, I hope, please review and report any errors i've missed. Thank you in advance. www.spyshop.ws

Re: "Finally Finished" Spy Shop.

Hi

looks good. colour combination is good. the font size somehow makes the pages look crowded, or the boxes are too close to each other (vertically). clicking the overview link in all products goes to other sites and leaves your site, is that the intention?

all looks good except for being a little crowded.

good job

Millie
    Millie
    www.subeagle.com

Comment

I like the design and overall look, but I have to agree that it does look crowded.

Some of the text in between the products would probably be better shortened or just removed. I think if someone wants to buy your product they already know why.

It may be a bit distasteful to suggest their wife is cheating on them and buy your products just to make sure lol.
      Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Technically, I would suggest removing "right-click-deny" script, as the new Google "Rules" will consider this a 'non-conforming script or tool' per the new standards released in June and will flag your site, dramatically diminishing and chance for your site to be properly evaluated (and may result in a long term penalization as well).

If you are afraid of having images ripped, you should simply put a transparent layer over them, which is easily done in Blue Voda or Dreamweaver (whichever tool you are using) ... being careful to hyperlink that layer in addition to the image itself, thus creating the continuity of elements and navigation that makes sense to the SE's in its place.

And, if that is too much to grasp, simply watermark your images and swap them out to the image folder! This is the method I would recommend if you are using a cart and do not have the ability to manually customize the template/layout --- most definitely delete the script you inserted and re-format your images with a watermark and swap them out.

Point is, the new set of "Rules" are most definitely frowning on the use of what was once considered simple 'hack scripts' that were commonly substituted for more time consuming efforts to properly format elements and prepare website constructs, and the lasting effects of being flagged are not worth it if you hope to get the performance out of your site as expected!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks so much for the heads up on the no click script, i'll remove those immediately. I've also done a few changed to the index arrangement so hopefully it doesn't look so crowded now.

My site is an affiliate site which is why it clicks thru to other sites and I understand that it is not everyones cup of tea, as the cheating spouse part covers an issue some people are lucky enough not to have to worry about, but unfortunately it does happen and some people would rather be informed. But thank you for all your helpful insite.

Cheers
          Rebecca

Comment

Hi

Just on the click thru, I am not sure what you are using but you can use _blank on the Target (rather than _self) and you'll still open the affiliate but the user does not lose your site (at least for browsers with tabs like ff). However, I am not sure how that works with other browsers.

Anyway, good site.

Millie
            Millie
            www.subeagle.com

Comment

Hi Millie,
              thanks for that idea, i've changed the links and it works great. Thanks again for your advice.
              Cheers
              Rebecca

Comment

Barring all the other comments, it looks nice and professional to me.

Looks and feel like a credible website.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                  Barring all the other comments, it looks nice and professional to me.

Looks and feel like a credible website.
                  Thanks for the lovely comments.
                  Cheers

Comment

I am quite impressed how the quality of various new sites have improved lately. Just a couple years ago, low grade sites seemed to be the norm. But your site, Gunn R, adds to that increasing professional quality. You have a site you can be very proud of.
                    Sincerely,
                    Tim & Sonia Platt
                    Indianpolis Tour & Travel
                    http://www.timothycplatt.com/index.html
                    http://www.scc-asp.org/index.html
                    http://www.americanso******ts.org/index.html
                    http://www.so******tpartyofusa.org/index.html
                    http://www.tourofindianapolis.info/index.html
                    http://www.ezhoneymoon.com/index.html
                    http://www.indy-travel.com/index.html
                    http://www.indy-tour.info/index.html

Comment

Once in awhile, you see a really outstanding looking site build using BV. Shows how their program has infinite capabilities if one has the imagination, vision, and drive.

I was just wondering about your language picker. How many of your clients are international non-English speaking?! many international internet users today read english pretty well. I check the Hebrew translation (mother tongue). It's great that Google has that script, but the translations are horrible! Languages translations need a profession human translator so they can account for the cultural, grammar, and linguistic differences that no translation program today has that vast knowledge of first hand experience. Remember the ford pinto incessant?! They had very little sells in south America and Spain because in Spanish, pinto means "no go". Why would anyone buy a car called no go? The language bar might be more harmful to you than the good for costumers. I can only speak fr the Hebrew translations, but it makes you look like you tried using a dictionary like a tourist in a foreign country. Focus on your market. If you have a lot of sells in a certain country large enough to justify duplicating your site into that country's language or get that country's domain name (i.e. xxxx.il.co), then I would recommend hiring a professional translator per language. Until then, don't try to serve everyone as it might hurt you more.
                      Mr. Big Paw
                      Somewhere in the CO mountains
                      Big Paw Services

Comment

Originally posted by indytnt View Post
                        I am quite impressed how the quality of various new sites have improved lately. Just a couple years ago, low grade sites seemed to be the norm. But your site, Gunn R, adds to that increasing professional quality. You have a site you can be very proud of.
                        Thanks so much for your comments it make the time spent working on it feel worth while.

Comment

Working...
                        X