X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make my website faster

Hi,

My website is very slow if you use broadband or wireless. I think all the shaded boxes are slowing it down. I know on some pages the graphics probably are slowing it down, but the home page should load super quick and it doesn't.

Does anybody have any advice on how to make it faster. I have been using google adwords and notice that I loose a lot of people who click on the ad but don't wait for it to load.

Thanks,

Steven
    www.treetransplanters.org

Re: How to make my website faster

Originally posted by Steven_ucf View Post
    My website is very slow if you use broadband or wireless. I think all the shaded boxes are slowing it down. I know on some pages the graphics probably are slowing it down, but the home page should load super quick and it doesn't.
    Apparently your site loads differently depending on the connection, right? Makes sense, since no one can predict what type of connection Visitors use, nor gauarantee how that connection will perform.

"Shapes" would not cause any problems with page visit load times, since they are basically created by code (automatically written by Blue Voda web builder itself), and are not at all like graphic images and/or photographs which are true representations of a "file" that is 'reconstructed' digitally.

If you are experiencing issues with connection that are thwarting what you desire in page load time, your best efforts should be directed at re-formatting your images and graphics to reduce file size, which would then be easier to reproduce (lessen the time it takes the browser to load/reconstruct/display).

* You can run your images through the VodaHost PixResizer if you do not have a photo editor, as this will significantly "prepare" the image file size for optimal use in Blue Voda.

This "issue" has been discussed exhaustively in these Forums, and you would have been able to come to a resolution yourself much faster had you performed a basic "Forum Search" using the link at the top of every page!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I already resized the pictures that I wanted to resize, such as on my home page. Even the pages with hardly any graphics still load slow. Thanks for your help; I also did use the search forum and did not find a solution. I don't think it's the graphics. I don't know what the problem is, any other ideas.

Comment

Nowhere was it mentioned to resize your images, only to reduce the file size!

Often a simple run-thru of the images and then re-saving (at the same size, with nothing changed) will compress the file size as desired. You might also use this opportunity to "sh a rp en" the images, if it would make a difference, and then upon re-saving, the file size is thus compressed altogether in a newer, better-performing format.

If you cannot get the results you think are possible, you might take advantage of a tool mentioned in this thread to "strip" excess code from and compress your images files.

Comment

When I said resizing I meant reducing file size? My home page has 5 pictures on it and they are 10kb,66kb,43bytes,43bytes,43bytes. This should upload in no time at all, but yet it takes a while.

So I don't think that it is the images that are causing it to be slow. Tell me if you think otherwise. Thanks for taking the time to help me through this. Alot of the posts here are above my head, so if you have a solution please keep it dumbed down for me.

Thanks

Comment

Quite honestly, Steve, if your image info is correct, there are only 2 possible reasons:

1) It is clearly a connection issue on your end. The file sizes you mention are optimal, and there is nothing else preventing a faster browser rendition of your site.
            Why don't you use an online tool to test your internet connection speed? Take it up with your provider, or reset your network for better performance?

2) It is your computer itself: possible solutions might be to delete temp files in your browser or to clean the cache thrououghly, de-frag your HD, run an 'optimizer' software, or even as simple as running a total sweep with your Anti-Virus --- anything to remove an impediment to proper performance.

I have different connections available (HS cable, broadband, professional Bb, and wireless) and none of them showed a markedly different "load time" of your site anywhere near out of normal expectations or near the degree of 'hang' which you seem to be describing ....

Comment

Originally posted by Steven_ucf View Post
              When I said resizing I meant reducing file size? My home page has 5 pictures on it and they are 10kb,66kb,43bytes,43bytes,43bytes. This should upload in no time at all, but yet it takes a while.

So I don't think that it is the images that are causing it to be slow. Tell me if you think otherwise. Thanks for taking the time to help me through this. Alot of the posts here are above my head, so if you have a solution please keep it dumbed down for me.

Thanks
              Not sure where you got your image sizes from? But the 5 below are over 1000kb & some of the other pages have a much higher kb number. As Vasili said,! You need to run the images though pixresizer, remembering to alter the physical size as well.
              If you do use the BV image enhancements? It will increase the KB’s considerably.
              10 kb http://www.treetransplanters.org/LOG**.gif
              65kb http://www.treetransplanters.org/headerFinal22.gif
              180kb http://www.treetransplanters.org/bv01007.png
              600kb http://www.treetransplanters.org/bv01009.png
              208kb http://www.treetransplanters.org/bv01010.png
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment