X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding comments to page

Hello,

I am not certain if this is the place to ask.

How can I add the possibilities for visitors to add comments on a page.

I have installed Wordpress, but I do not know how to work with it.

Thank you!

Re: adding comments to page

what's your URL?

Do you have VodaHost account?
    Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Originally posted by wysiwyg4 View Post
      what's your URL?

Do you have VodaHost account?
      I have to published the page(s) on Vodahost where I have an account.

Comment

WordPress automatically includes the ability for Visitors to leave comments on Articles (Content), and you have the ability to configure settings to hold these comments for your 'approval' prior to allowing them to appear on your blog --- which is the best way to prevent Spam from appearing.

WordPress is quite easy to understand how to manage, and if you have not done so already, you should become familiar with all the resources available to you on the Offical WordPress Website, especially the User Manuals, Plug-in Library, and Support Community where you can find solutions and techniques addressing any challenge you might encounter.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          WordPress automatically includes the ability for Visitors to leave comments on Articles (Content), and you have the ability to configure settings to hold these comments for your 'approval' prior to allowing them to appear on your blog --- which is the best way to prevent Spam from appearing.

WordPress is quite easy to understand how to manage, and if you have not done so already, you should become familiar with all the resources available to you on the Offical WordPress Website, especially the User Manuals, Plug-in Library, and Support Community where you can find solutions and techniques addressing any challenge you might encounter.
          Thank you Vasili!

I need a simpler form. I am trying to do in in BV, but I only succeeded in sending the comment to my email. I want every comment to be listed below the previous. Can I do it in BV and how? If not, I will have to resort to Wordpress.

Comment

Gee ... seems to me you are confusing me along with yourself!
            In your original post you clearly ask about comments being added to your WordPress installation, right?
            Originally posted by jojopara View Post
            How can I add the possibilities for visitors to add comments on a page.
            I have installed Wordpress, but I do not know how to work with it.
            Next, you switch gears and ignore the reply in favor to re-direct trying to apply to Blue Voda .....
            Originally posted by jojopara View Post
            Thank you Vasili!
            I need a simpler form. I am trying to do in in BV, but I only succeeded in sending the comment to my email. I want every comment to be listed below the previous. Can I do it in BV and how? If not, I will have to resort to Wordpress.
            It really doesn't matter, though I suppose. Here's a reply to your last post:

It would be EXTREMELY UNWISE to allow a Visitor to post to your website without first having the ability to approve the posts yourself, and to do this on a Blue Voda website would require a significantly costly and cumbersome customized script, which most likely would not include many of the features included in either the WordPress or CMS software.

Using Blue Voda simply is just as easy to "mimic" the same process and time to process, inasmuch the comment is emailed to you for approval and you can then copy/paste/publish it on your page accordingly .... taking approximately the same amount of time as the WordPress "inbox" and only minimal additional effort by you (copy/paste & re-publish).

Unless you want to take on the design and customization constraints along with the significant learning curve required if you are to maintain and manage either WordPress or a CMS platform, I suggest you content yourself with the simplified Blue Voda experience of having comments emailed to you for your disposition.

If you wish to pursue the customized script, get in touch with Gen. Navaldesign for a quote.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X