alot of prblems together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alot of prblems together

im building 2 websites right now through blue voda and i never bumped into so many problems in one time ,ill appreciate for help to see the cause of all these problems and how to solve them

1.there are pages which i succeed to publish and few not .
    for example : www.liatfrank.com/contact.html

2.when i publish www.liatfrank.com it seems that all buttons are working
    but when i publish www.liatfrank.com/about-liat-frank.com ,when i rollover the mouse on the buttons it seems that they are not linked (when rollover the mouse on the button the hand icon doesn't appear at all ) although i linked the buttons properly

2.the pages are uploading very slow although the pics sizes are small.

3.my other website is www.lifewave4ever.com -

when i try to resize the glass button or change the fonts nothing changes after publishing with the new changes ,or all getting mixed up so few fonts in the buttons are changing and few not .

sometimes while surfing between the sections i can see the changes by size but not as i configured .

4.there are images which got totally black in various pages on the website

for example on page :

or

sometimes they appear again and sometimes they blacked again

is it true if i change the images to png it will solve the problem??

5.i try to change the page height in the properties but when publishing nothing changes ,also i try to center the page to center of browser from the page properties section but no succeed.
    does all these problems relates to browser settings ?bluevoda builder settings ?or what?

please help me with all these issues

Re: alot of prblems together

First...your contact page is

Secondly it wont autosize the page.. it will give you more room todrag your components down.

If you are using bv11 uninstall it and reinstall bv10

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hi,
      why does the contact page should be php? it a simple page with just detayls of my email etc ...

i didnt understand your second sentence: " it wont autosize the page.. it will give you more room todrag your components down.

i was using bv 10 but reinstall it again.

Comment

im building 2 websites right now through blue voda and i never bumped into so many problems in one time ,ill appreciate for help to see the cause of all these problems and how to solve them

1.there are pages which i succeed to publish and few not .
        for example : www.liatfrank.com/contact.html
        I can see this page http://www.liatfrank.com/contact.php. You must have had a form on it previously

2.when i publish www.liatfrank.com it seems that all buttons are working
        but when i publish www.liatfrank.com/about-liat-frank.com ,when i rollover the mouse on the buttons it seems that they are not linked (when rollover the mouse on the button the hand icon doesn't appear at all ) although i linked the buttons properly
        This seems OK although you have a bad link http://www.liatfrank.com/new-sculptures.html

2.the pages are uploading very slow although the pics sizes are small.
        Seemed OK for me. Only tip I can offer is to size the images outside BV before you insert them. Dont be tempted to use the sizing handles. Images might look smaller but they are just as heavy...If you get the jist

3.my other website is www.lifewave4ever.com -

when i try to resize the glass button or change the fonts nothing changes after publishing with the new changes ,or all getting mixed up so few fonts in the buttons are changing and few not .

sometimes while surfing between the sections i can see the changes by size but not as i configured .
        I think I get the jist here. If you are editing glass buttons from page to page because you copied and pasted, any changes you make will affect all the buttons because you are fiddling with same image. If you want to fiddle and not affect the others insert NEW glass buttons

4.there are images which got totally black in various pages on the website

for example on page :

http://www.lifewave4ever.com/lifewavetestimonials.html
        or
        http://www.lifewave4ever.com/about-lifewave.html

sometimes they appear again and sometimes they blacked again

is it true if i change the images to png it will solve the problem??

Couldn’t see any black images, all looks good. The reason png images are good is because they can be made with a transparent back ground so you can place them on the background colour of your choice. Not relevant

5.i try to change the page height in the properties but when publishing nothing changes ,also i try to center the page to center of browser from the page properties section but no succeed.
        does all these problems relates to browser settings ?bluevoda builder settings ?or what?

You can set your page properties to a mile long but your browser will look for the last or lowest object and conclude that this is the end of the page.
        Centre in browser does work, just tick that check box. Dont be tempted to build your website in the centre of BV. Always work from the far left.

please help me with all these issues
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

hi darren,

first..thanks for your answers ...

1.about the size of images - i resize them before putting them in pages to size of average 100kb ..should i resize them more ?

2.about the black images ,heres another reference:

3.about centering the page - i do work from the far left ,but when publishing the page the its not in the center of browser although i tick the check box .
          for reference :

Comment

1) Yes reduce your image more. Too many images at 100kb will mean slow dowloads for your visitors if they have slow connection. I think you dont want the weight of the overal page to be any more than about 200kb.

2) Yes I can see the black images. You seem to have a transaparent image covering the pictures and the black sqaures...How come?

Any how in BV I would remove the offending images and reinsert them and the republish and see if that makes a difference.
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

3) Ok that page is not centred. I think Ive come across this especially if centring your page was an after thought. Always format your page before you start adding content would be my tip.

OK do this

- Open a blank page and format centre in browser, page width, height etc and save the page as index2
              - Open original index page and click edit>select all, and then click edit>copy
              - Now go to index2 and click edit>paste....Everything should drop in the exact same place.
              - If you are happy with that delete the index page
              - Now look at index2 page. Click file>save as> index
              - Now publish this new index page
              - Delete index2

Hope that makes sense
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Try doing the tutorials.. that will solve 99% of all your current questions.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

what do you mean by saying "offending images"?
                  i reinsert them and publish them and now it seems its ok ,but it doesn't promise me it wont happen again .because it already happen to images in different website i own which i reinsert ...its seems it happens randomly,so i need to know what makes it happen to fix it permanently .

Comment

Ok heres the thing

1) Ive never had this problem or seen this problem before
                    2) The images I can see have a transparent gif covering them, so I cant get to them the way I want to.
                    3) Here is and idea---- If you have reinserted them as you say you have. Try renamining them and then reinserting them and then publish again.

NOTE when you rename them. Nothing to long, no spaces between words. Use _underscores if neccessary

Let me know how you get on
                    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

hi darren ,
                      i will try what yo offer about the images .
                      minwhile .i did what you told me to do about centering page ,so the result is that in previewing the page it seems working but when publishing its not in center ,still on the left .

Comment

Im not convinced its publishing then. Put a random word somewhere so you know publishing is taking place.
                        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

and did you title the page on index2 because if you tell me you didnt then I am definately still seeing your original page.
                          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

I have to go now. I'll check in later.
                            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                            X