This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with oScommerce Templates

Hi ! .. i just installed oScommerce into my site using the Cpanel. (which means automatically without downloading it to my pc).
    So, how can i edit or add a template to it? i keep looking for tutorials but i cant seem to find one that would explain this part\

My question is: how to change things in my oScommerce template when i dont have the files on my computer?

if there is anything im missing or anything i need to have, please mention it. or if you know a tutorial or a previous similar post, let me know!

Re: Help with oScommerce Templates

osCommerce is a web-based application, meaning that Fantastico! automatically installs it directly onto the server within your account where you tell it to: it is not installed like other software you are familiar with downloading or personally installing yourself, which is good because there is no chance of installing improperly or becoming corrupted.

Being a web-based application also means you need to access it directly via an interface - a User Control Panel - and that in turn means you need to follow the link provided to you upon successful installation and use the User Name and Password you entered. Typically there are only two types of installation: one to the main public_html/ Directory, meaning to the Primary Domain of your account so it will automatically be your "main website"; and, as an add-on (with or without a domain associated) to your Primary domain, meaning you need to establish a link to the 'store' from either your main website (which many create using Blue Voda) or by re-direction.
    If you installed it to your Main Directory, the link to the osCommerce Control Panel would look something like this: www.MainDomain.com/admin/
    If you installed it to an add-on or simply created a new Directory by filling in the little box you see during the installation process with a name like "store" for example, the link to your osC Control Panel would look like this: www.MainDomain.com/store/admin/

* The process to swap out logos, images, and other pre-installed elements is done by changing those elements directly: for instance, the logo can be changed by renaming your own logo to the exact same name and format (JPG or GIF) as the Logo in the admin/template/images/ directory you can browse using Blue FTP (located in Blue Voda TOOLS > FTP MANAGER). Once you have prepared your logo properly, use Blue FTP to remove the generic logo image and COPY TO your own replacement logo image. Exit Blue FTP and you should see your logo instead on the pages of your cart.

To better understand how to set up your osCommerce installation, review the Tutorials until you are fully confident you understand the processes and know how to implement them.

You should also become completely familiar with the osC Community and the Support Forum, for there you will find an abundance of the questions you will invariably ask already answered, along with a number of good techniques you can use to avoid common pratfalls.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! this is the exact answer ive been looking for !!

Comment

....and on we go!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X