Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding affiliate html code

Hi,

I want to add an affiliate marketing banner onto a page, (actually I want to add many).

I've put the code into an html box but I'm only getting a square with a cross in it!
    See www.niceplacelettings.co.uk and press the Tenants Advice tab.

I've tried resizing the following:
    1. Resizing html box
    2. Repositioning html box
    3. Inserting code onto completely new page

Nothing corrects the problem!

I have done this successfully before in this site here; http://www.niceplacelettings.co.uk/websitedesign.html

I've also been unsuccessful adding the vodahost affiliates video advert into my site. I contacted support and they said use CC cleaner and do a defrag but that didn't work!

So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Musky

Re: Adding affiliate html code

changer the name of the images. Dont use banner in the name. Firewalls block them out.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Brian,

The HTML banner code you pasted into the Blue Voda HTML box is invalid, or fragmented ... that is why it is not producing whatever you had hoped it would.

Try re-copying the code given to you (careful to copy the entire code, from "<" to ">") in a new BV HTML Box on the same page and view using Preview to verify that it is properly displaying whatever link/banner/ad you want before publishing. If it is working properly, delete the previous effort, and re-position the newer one as desired, and re-publish the page.
      If it still does not work, then contact the code provider for new code or a replacement banner option, as it is trying to recall a source that is no longer available (the source, the image is not longer there so there is nothing available to be recalled and generated).

* All of your images are improperly titled, containing spaces, numerals, and symbols that thwart any contribution to SE values due to non-conformity. You would benefit greatly from going back and changing the Titles on the few images/objects you are currently using so that they may add something to the very sparse pre-optimization values possible for your site.

Hopefully you can successfully troubleshoot the issue without being confounded by more "annoying Americanisms" ....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi all,
        thanks for your valuable advice.
        It appears that the affiliate code was faulty or
        incomplete.
        Thanks for advice on naming pics - most of the
        ones are just demo's at the moment. Prior to the
        site going live, I will enter the correct alt text.

Oops! My feeble attempt at quaint English humour
        perhaps wasn't appropriate! Apologies to all, I will
        edit this! You need to know that I have the utmost
        respect for America and her people!
        Thanks,
        Musky

Comment

Working...
        X