Help with wordpress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with wordpress

I am very new to blogging and Wordpress. I need some help getting my blog set up on my website as a page www.strategyforfitness.com.

I downloaded Wordpress to my public_html directory. It created another public_html inside the other directory with the Wordpress files. I can view my blog by going into Fantastico, then Wordpress and then "view". I don't get any tabs for settings etc.

I really don't understand how to add Wordpress to my BlueVoda website as a page. Secondly, I don't know how to get to the administrative section of Wordpress that allows me to upload the template I downloaded into the directory. I would very much appreciate any help. Once again I am not literate in blogging and setting up blogs. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Vic.personaltrainer******.com

Re: Help with wordpress

First just install it thru Fantastico. Much less headache. Nevermind the downloading.

Second you just put a link to the wordpress page you dont put it inside blue voda. You could FRAME it in an iframe just depends on what you want.

You find the admin by paying attention and writing down what it tells you when you are in the install process
    www.yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-login/

substitute the above for the path you actually installed to

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,

I think I found most of what I was looking for thanks to your help. Could you go to www.strategyforfitness.com and review my current blog. I linked to a what I believe is the right file. I used and inline format. The concern I have is people can click on edit at the top of the blog and go into what seems to be my admin account and edit things. Could you please tell me what I might have done wrong or what I might need to do to correct any editing. I want it to be public, but I don't want people editing the text. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

I think you are seeing your log in because you are logged in.

But no one else can see you logged in.

If you don't wanna see yourself logged in, then log out.

I hope what I said make sense.
        Doable Personal Finance

Comment

You were right. I have everything set up now. I appreciate all your help. I have read a lot of your comments on other issues and they are very helpful. Have a great and healthy day!

Vic

Comment

Working...
          X