Print a form out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print a form out

I would like to make an order form that the visitor to the site can print off
    by pressing a "PRINT" button. The customer can then fill out and mail it to me. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Re: Print a form out

Yes, you can either just scan a form and save it as an image that they can print out on your site, if you want to have a button on your site that will launch their printer to print, that can be done with some javascript, or you can just tell them to go to file > print.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Usually offline forms, to fill in and fax, are published in PDF format. The best quality is obtained using a vector graphics program (like CorelDraw) and then saving the form file as PDF. Your visitor has to print it and fill it manually. You can also create your form in Microsoft Word or Excell, and you can link to the relevant files, so when they click on the links, Word or Excell will open up with the form, so your visitor may fill it directly on his computer, then send it to you as attached file. The word or Excell option is good also for just printing.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
        Usually offline forms, to fill in and fax, are published in PDF format. The best quality is obtained using a vector graphics program (like CorelDraw) and then saving the form file as PDF. Your visitor has to print it and fill it manually. You can also create your form in Microsoft Word or Excell, and you can link to the relevant files, so when they click on the links, Word or Excell will open up with the form, so your visitor may fill it directly on his computer, then send it to you as attached file. The word or Excell option is good also for just printing.

Okay ... I have to ask you this. I have produced my form in Word, Excell and Adobe. Now, how do I proceed? How do I link to the form? I feel so stupid! Big question mark hanging over my head! Any direction will be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by cjfoster

Okay ... I have to ask you this. I have produced my form in Word, Excell and Adobe. Now, how do I proceed? How do I link to the form? I feel so stupid! Big question mark hanging over my head! Any direction will be appreciated.
          You link Word, Excell or Acrobat files excactly as you link normal html pages. Let's take the the word case: your link should be: http://www.yourdomain.com/yourfile.doc . When a visitor clicks on the link, Word will open in his browser with the yourpage.doc file opened. He can fill in all the fields directly in Word, and print the document. Of course, in case he doesn't have Word, this will not work, so it is wise that you also include a link to a PDF version, so they can open it, print it, and manually filli it in and then Fax it to you or mail it to you. Remember to upload the Word or Excell or PDF file to your site using BlueFTP
          Last edited by navaldesign; 03-24-2006, 07:46 AM.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I am most grateful! Talk about a fish out of water but I guess we've all got to start somewhere ;)

Many, many thanks.

Comment

And there you go again. I look for an answer to my next question, and you've answered it already! How DID you get to be so smart? **grin**

Thanks again,

Sandy
              www.creationspraise.com
              www.secretsoforganizedpeople.com
              www.huntresscustom.com

The one who dies with the most toys wins . . . . . . . . nothing! (Matthew 16:26)

Comment

It just occured to me; don't you have to OWN that Adobe Program in order to be able to create pdf documents? I know people can get the reader for free . . .

So much to learn, keeps the ol' brain cells workin'.

Sandy
                www.creationspraise.com
                www.secretsoforganizedpeople.com
                www.huntresscustom.com

The one who dies with the most toys wins . . . . . . . . nothing! (Matthew 16:26)

Comment

There are many programs that convert files to PDF. Some are free. There are also free conversion sites on the net, where you can upload your file, have it converted, then download it in PDF format.

Have a look at: http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&rl...ersion&spell=1
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X