Add On Domain Publishing Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add On Domain Publishing Problem

Ok, I think I've done everything right but there's a glitch somewhere and it's in my head. So help me out here.

Ok, I have a site I bought through Voda, http://www.atthelockerroom.com . I have the main structure of the site built and want to move on to my Bread and Butter site. That is www.fastteez.com . I got that URL through YooHoo and have changed the DNS names etc. In fact I had started out in Fantastico and used one of the templates in the secondary of SOHO and had the Fast Teez site up. Now I have built my template in BlueVoda and want to publish. I have gone into CP and added a folder in public_html for fast_teez.

Ok, here's what happens. I saved the home page as index, pressed the publish button, changed the "publish to folder" to public_html/fast_teez. It comes back as Successfully Published and when I view online I get that dreaded 404. UGH, I never thought I could hate a number so much! Ok, I did the old F5 thing along with the Shift - Refresh thing and took out the Ford Wrench and poured water into the side of my computer and had my cat sit on top of it. But nothing.

So I went back through and checked all the extensions, "publish to" and the directory. Checked the public_html/fast_teez folder and there's all the items from the page there, but can't view them online. I have also done the "Add On" and SubDomain things and they are there when I pull them up etc. But when I put www.fastteez.com in my browser, I get that fricken fracken 404.
    Help or the Damn Machine Gets It!

Re: Add On Domain Publishing Problem

My 1st thought was: have you 're-directed' www.fastteeze.com to point to www.fastteeze.atthelockerroom.com ? But I've tried typing in all variations into the address bar and always get the fricken fracken 404! Does it matter that your sub-dir uses an underscore and your URL doesn't? Guess I'm not really helping much, eh? Sorry mate. Maybe something glaringly obvious will jump out and bash someone with a bit more experience.....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I agree! If it were a snake, bear, rpg, I'd be dead. But I know it's there. I'll wait and watch and see. Otherwise that underscore thing could be a problem, but it's going into the sub directory........

I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by theheadref
        I agree! If it were a snake, bear, rpg, I'd be dead. But I know it's there. I'll wait and watch and see. Otherwise that underscore thing could be a problem, but it's going into the sub directory........

I don't know.
        click on: http://www.atthelockerroom.com/fast_teez/index.html

that's where your page is. If it doesn't come up clicking on www.fastteez.com is because you have done something wrong with the addondomain folder definition. Go in Your CP and look how you have defined the addondomain folder. If you have defined it as "fastteez" instead of fast_teez it won't work on www level.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
          click on: http://www.atthelockerroom.com/fast_teez/index.html

that's where your page is. If it doesn't come up clicking on www.fastteez.com is because you have done something wrong with the addondomain folder definition. Go in Your CP and look how you have defined the addondomain folder. If you have defined it as "fastteez" instead of fast_teez it won't work on www level.
          Bingo, Bango, Bongo!!! Once again, Naval pulls through. Like I said, that Underscore can kill you. But until I had Professional advice, I wasn't going to go and start changing everything out and making matters worse!

The machine gets to live!

Thanks Naval!!!

Comment

Working...
          X