password directory problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password directory problems

i am trying to add password protected pages and when i try to access the page it says it is not available i think i am following the steps correctly but i have a few questions

1 do you add the html page or the bvp page to the passdirect folder?

2 how long does it take for the password page to be available .maybe its not working because im not giving it enough time.

3 could someone give me more detailed instructions on how to add the password pages because im not that bright .lol.i saw the tutorial and i think i am doing that part righ because the file has the lock on it and when i try to access the password directory itself i have to use a password. i am having problems with the webpage itself because every time i try to go to the webpage it gives a 404 error. i just need detailed instructions on adding the pages to the folder

Re: password directory problems

Originally posted by reed1380
    i am trying to add password protected pages and when i try to access the page it says it is not available i think i am following the steps correctly but i have a few questions

1 do you add the html page or the bvp page to the passdirect folder?

You publish from BV directly in the password protected folder.

2 how long does it take for the password page to be available .maybe its not working because im not giving it enough time.

Immediately after you publish

3 could someone give me more detailed instructions on how to add the password pages because im not that bright .lol.i saw the tutorial and i think i am doing that part righ because the file has the lock on it and when i try to access the password directory itself i have to use a password. i am having problems with the webpage itself because every time i try to go to the webpage it gives a 404 error. i just need detailed instructions on adding the pages to the folder
    The pages will be added to the folder directly by BV when publishing. You have to publish in THAT folder. In your control panel, create usernames and passwords to pass over to the visitors that you want to allow to visit the pass protected pages.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X