image issues on a addon domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image issues on a addon domain

Ok, here is my problem, I’ve created an addon domain called coshproductions.com and published the index.html page to public_html/coshproductions.com.

The index page is viewable but without the images. The images are in the subdirectory coshproductions.com along with the index page, yet they are not viewable in IE.

Main Domain: www.denverrealestateguide.com
    Addon: www.coshproductions.com
    BV ver: 10.1

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Re: image issues on a addon domain

what i do and i believe you have to do this is create a folder on your harddrive, inside blue voda and call the folder
    coshproductions
    all your images, pages created, media and items that you are showing on that account have to be in that folder. you should also create a folder at the server in the public_html section called
    coshproductions
    when you save a page make sure you save it in the correct folder and when you publish the page use the extension you are using above.
    for your main website all your images and pages are in the public_html section automatically. for the add on you have to manually put them in the correct folder.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

thanks for the suggestion. Is their a difference between coshproductions and coshproductions.com?

Comment

not sure what you are asking. i believe you have to put the .com extension when you publish a page. the folders should be called coshproducts
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I went ahead a did a screen print with some additional explanation.
          www.denverrealestateguide.com/help.pdf

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

denverrealestate.com and coshproductions.com are like 2 different bungalows.

coshproductions.com cannot automatically link to a different website unless you provide a link in your webpage to connect the image in denverrealestate to your
            coshproduction webpages.

The best way is to treat cosproductions.com as a new bungalow you just bought and has to fit in new fittings and furniture.

Set up new folders in coshproductions and copy everything that you want to use to your new folders.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

zuriatman,

Thank you for your reply. Did you look at the pdf of the screen print? the index.html has only two image files, and both are in the coshproductions.com sub. I apologize for my ignorance but what do you mean by "new folder". Should the image files be located in another file?

Thanks

Comment

coshproductions.com is a completely new and different website and should be treated seperately from your original site.

coshproductions.com should have its own directory and sub-directories for ease of mantainence.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Did you check to see if hotlinks is enabled for this domain in your cpanel? When you published did you tick publish ALL files?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,

You nailed it. It was the Hotlinks config. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X