Very slow publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very slow publishing

It takes 5 minutes or more to publish a page. When I first started this site, I had just as many things on a page and it didn't take as long.

I have a friend who uses voda and he said something about deleting old files or pages or something.

I am constantly updating my site...do old published pages need to be deleted? Or am I totally on the wrong track?

Re: Very slow publishing

Well, your pages load quickly (assuming you mean BonBonChihuahuas) so that's not the trouble. Could be your connection or possibly your computer needs a good "dusting and cleaning." If you make changes to an existing page and republish, there is no earlier version left behind (though any images and the like that you removed from the page would still be on the server). But even if you have a ton of unused files and bits on your server, shouldn't be a problem.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Re: Very slow publishing

Would look at reducing many of your images. As a single image on a page there would be no problem. But! when you have accumulative images like this page @ 2.4meg, it will take time to upload. Should be aiming at 150-200kb per page for a fast loading site.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
      X