Alpha Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Five

Hi, I have purchased Alpha Five database software which has a web project section.

I wanted to post my Alpha Five database on my Blue Voda website www.JSM-internation.com but Alpha Five states that I cannot publish A5 pages as i do not have desktop control of the Blue Voda server.

Is there anything that can be done, such as getting the Alpha Five Web Server on the Blue Voda system?

Best Regards
    John

Re: Alpha Five

No.. you need your own server to do that as it runs php.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Alpha Five allows you to create both Desktop and Web applications. It requires different additional licenses, depending on the type of application. If you only have the desktop license you can't use it in your VH account.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the replies!

I actually do have the entire developer's package including the Apha Five web server and the web page developer.

Surely there must be a way of getting these two products to co-exists so that I can get my database to run from my BV site.

But if the answer is no, then I have to ask, how can I easily get a database installed on my BV site?

The site www.jsm-international.com/index.htm is a sports management site and I need to get the athletes into a database with all their details etc, so we can input data from the website and extract it for reports etc.

Any (simple) suggestions guys?

Thanks again
        Best Regards
        John

Comment

The A5 applications are stand alone, there is no way to integrate them in a BV site, exeption made (maybe) by using Iframes.

However there is no problem to upload the entire application on your webserver as long as it IS a web application and not a Desktop application.

I suggest that you look into A5's forum for support on this issue, as it is not a VodaHost product so there is little knowledge of this product here.

You can create any type of database application even using BV for the visual part. However, the backend needs to be in php/MySQL so this requires either programming knowledge or hiring a pro to build one for you.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X