• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Configuration problem

www.redgypsy.co.uk
    Karen Dickinson
    client i.d. - 5085

Hi, here I am again :o(
    After almost a week of reading and plucking up courage to have a go at the shopping cart I decided today was the day and installed os commerce. I followed the tutorial step by step and really thought I hadn't done anything wrong. However, when it had finished I tried to get in and got this message -

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

I have not got a clue what to do. I dont understand anything about PHP or PHP.ini or htaccess file.

I have done search after search but I'm still clueless.
    Sorry for being a pain but could anyone help me in really basic language please?
    Thanks
    Karen

Re: PHP Configuration problem

PHP.ini is a file on the server that configures features of PHP. In this case the script you are using needs register_globals on, otherwise it won't work correctly. I believe vodahost has this turned off for security reasons, but they might turn it on if you ask

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: PHP Configuration problem

Hi, thanks for that. I've decided that for now I'm just going to go with the easy paypal shopping cart as I can do this! lol. Coward eh :o/
      Anyway, thanks for your help and quick response
      Karen

Comment

Working...
      X