ImageMap hotspots are invisible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImageMap hotspots are invisible?

I was looking for a tutorial on BV's ImageMap tool, and was glad to find it here:

But after trying the tool I guess I'm still missing something: When I preview the page I've created with the imagemap on it, why are my hotspots invisible? The hotspots work as links, but because they're invisible, I have to "hunt" for them. Shouldn't the tool allow me to specify the hotspot's fill color (or fill image) and fill opacity, border size and color?

Also, when I try placing a shape on top of a hotspot, that spot no longer works as a link. And if I try to put the shape below the spot, the shape disappears behind the image being used for the imagemap. THANK YOU in advance for your help.

Re: ImageMap hotspots are invisible?

Whenever you can, I'd appreciate a moderator's (or other Voda Guru's) insights on this question. Thanks.

Comment

Hot spots are supposed ti be invisible. The image used for the map SHOULD have the various areas ALREADY separated (in example, US States) by color or border.

By using hotspots you are creating linked, clickable areas. If you put a shape over, of course it no longer becomes clickable.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, Naval, I get it now. So if my image is a solid-color map (like a silhouette) of a state and I want a particular spot in that image to be clickable, I first need to embed that spot in the image (by using, for example, Photoshop) and THEN use the ImageMap tool to draw a circle (or other shape) around it.

I had a feeling it was some very simple answer like that (thanks for your help!)

Comment

Working...
        X