Question about .html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about .html

I go to a lot of website pages where I just put the name of the page after the / and not type in .html and they come up just fine. But if I try doing this on my voda webpages the URL is not found unless I physically type in .html at the end. So if I wanted to send someone to a page on my website, say through a classified ad or flyer, such as www.havasu-fun.com/puppies they actually have to type it all in - www.havasu-fun.com/puppies.html or they'll get a URL not found message. Why is that, does anyone know? I don't need to put in the html on other sites I go to, it'll automatically do it.

Re: Question about .html

Can you post a sample website and page where you can as claimed?
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I'll do that, no time right now though.

Comment

Example - Lifetime Network is advertising www.mylifetime.com/flick

Comment

I think your page needs to be indexed first
          Last edited by bravo75; 10-28-2009, 05:05 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

What does that mean exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by tshobie View Post
              Example - Lifetime Network is advertising www.mylifetime.com/flick
              This site was created using ASPX coding, not standard static HTML. If you look carefully when using this link, the URL viewable will basically a template for the specific FLICK directory whereas the page definition itself is encrypted (hidden). When you roll over the Menu items, only the general Directory navigation can be seen, and the current linked page is still hidden .... this allows the Webmaster to change out the pages easily by marking them "published" or "unpublished" at will.

Similar to CMS sites or even shopping carts that use primarily PHP coded foundations, ASPX creates dynamic pages 'on the fly' per the script that has been written: first it will recall from a Database the Style sheets to formulate the manner in which to present the page, and then it will recall and fill in the page construct according to the page file itself, all organized as detailed in those page files. That is why if you use this link, the page template presents as designed, but the individual elements do not (the iFrames and other elements are dysfunctional or missing).

Blue Voda uses CSS (stylesheets) to dictate the specific code to present the formatting of your site (fonts, colors, etc.) and via Unicode foundation forms the manner in which elements are to be presented onto an HTML coded page .. a static page, not a dynamic one, which is why you must specifically designate the static destination for that page construct to be recalled from to present --- the reason you need to "specify" within the URL itself the type and location of the page you are calling on to load/link to: why you need to add the ".html" to your hyperlinking.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I had a similar instance once and I got around it by redirecting the link without the '.html" to the link with '.html'. This was just one page I was posting though.
                Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Working...
                X