This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing FTP

Recently I had a web developer install Joomla for what I need to accomplish with my site. I opened up a Bluevoda account and originally was using the Bluevoda program to start up the site, and accessing the FTP was a simple click of the mouse.

Now that I use Joomla for building the site, I no longer can access my FTP. When logging into the BV control panel, I click the FTP status link and see that my developer has a number of accounts he set up, and four choices to manage each one is available, one is to change a password. Do I still need all the accounts, or should they be erased since I use Joomla?

Now a password is needed when all that was required to access FTP under BV was a click on the FTP button on the BV web software.

Joomla advised me to download Filezilla. Is this the way to go since I no longer use BV program for web building? They're just my web host.

Re: Accessing FTP

Yep Filezilla is good --- The ftp in BV is just convenient if you are using BV to build your site.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: Accessing FTP

Filezilla is simply a tool that functions average, but can prove unweildy to the inexperienced. Your confusion of terms and protocols suggests that this may contribute to your being challenged.

To keep things very simple and 'hard-wired' to the structure of your VodaHost Account (so you can plainly see your account and the various direcories, folders, and things as described in the Joomla installation instructions), you should use the built-in FTP Tool located in the FILE MANAGER section of your Control Panel. It is very useful, even so far as providing automatic un-zipping of files, Editing, and morte, along with the UPLOAD and Deletion abilities.

Use the Tools already provided, as they will perfom optimally and with far less confusion.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X