Rotating Banner - want it to fade the pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating Banner - want it to fade the pictures

I know this question has been asked before, but I just can't seem to fix my issue based upon the old answers.

I am trying to put a banner on my site that has 4 or 5 pictures that rotate every 5 seconds or so, but I want them to fade into one another. I don't understand flash, but it looks like there are other methods aside from flash using scripts and html. I can put the html codes in and get the sample one to work from this website: http://www.collectors-info.com/testi...mage_show.html, BUT the problem is that I can't figure out how to put my pictures in there.

Some posts have said that you have to save your pictures as pages on your site (I am assuming non-linkable pages?), but I am just not figuring it out. I can get the pictures from the website mentioned above to flash on my own site, but I need to get my pictures in there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Rotating Banner - want it to fade the pictures

we have a banner ad rotator tool on the left side, it will alternate the pictures but will not do it with transitions. this may be good enough - if not you will have to get some picture manipulation software - a free one is getpaint.net and you will be able to do all kinds of things with your pictures. if you need some help i would be glad to do it for you just contact me through my website.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

I have messed around with the banner rotator tool, but it is too abrupt... I want something smooth that fades or something.

I looked at getpaint but I am still lost.

Comment

what utility in the getpaint program do you use to do a flash style image group? Maybe I am just missing it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Paint.net is a photo and design editing program like photoshop cs4 and though it can do a lot of things it won't do what you want. you will ether have to make it in flash or find a script that will come close. Dynamic Drive do scripts for this type of thing. like This One abit bitty but not to bad.

Which i believe is where collectors got his script from
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

AlienDude, that is pretty much what I am looking for.

I understand that if I put that script in the html properties page on my webpage and then place an html box in the page, it will show those pictures that it shows on the website you linked to.

I just can't seem to get the 3 or 4 pictures that I want to show up on the slideshow. Do I reference an independent url where they are in the script language?

Comment

In the script that they give you look for these lines. these are the ones you will need to edit. i have marked out in red what to do.
              Code:
              var trans_width='140px' //slideshow width  [COLOR=red]set this to the width you require[/COLOR]
              var trans_height='225px' //slideshow height  [COLOR=red]set this to height required[/COLOR]
              var pause=3000 //SET PAUSE BETWEEN SLIDE (3000=3 seconds) 
              var degree=10 //animation speed. Greater is faster.
              var slideshowcontent=new Array()
              //Define slideshow contents: [image URL, OPTIONAL LINK, OPTIONAL LINK TARGET]    
              [COLOR=red]The path to your images here as seen in[/COLOR] [COLOR=lime]green[/COLOR], [COLOR=red]the link if required and target window[/COLOR]
              slideshowcontent[0]=["[COLOR=lime]photo1.jpg[/COLOR]", "[URL]http://www.cnn.com[/URL]", "_new"] 
              slideshowcontent[1]=["[COLOR=lime]phot**.jpg[/COLOR]", "", ""]
              slideshowcontent[2]=["[COLOR=lime]photo3.jpg[/COLOR]", "[URL]http://www.google.com[/URL]", ""]

If your image are in a folder then it will be folder/photo.jpg, if you do not require the link remove the text between the " "
              once you have done the edits enter the hole script into a html box on you page size it. and publish not forgetting to upload your pic's into the place you have set in the script.
              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

If you wish to add more images then add this code below the last image code.

Code:
                like so

Code:
                slideshowcontent[0]=["[COLOR=lime]photo1.jpg[/COLOR]", "[URL]http://www.cnn.com[/URL]", "_new"] 
                slideshowcontent[2]=["[COLOR=lime]photo3.jpg[/COLOR]", "[URL]http://www.google.com[/URL]", ""]
                slideshowcontent[3]=["[COLOR=lime]phot*4*.jpg[/COLOR]", "", ""]
                and so on
                Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Ok, so when you say "if your images are in a folder" do you mean in a Voda file publisher folder?

I tried putting 3 photos in a file publishing folder that was placed on the screen with the html box and it is still just showing a weird icon on the screen when I view preview the webpage in the browser... not photos.

Do you have to actually publish the for this to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper81 View Post

Do you have to actually publish the for this to work?
                    Yes publish the page and upload the images.
                    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Here is what I have:

var fadeimages=new Array()
                      //SET IMAGE PATHS. Extend or contract array as needed
                      fadeimages[0]=["photo1.jpg", "", ""] //plain image syntax
                      fadeimages[1]=["phot**.jpg", "", ""] //plain image syntax
                      fadeimages[2]=["photo3.jpg", "", ""] //plain image syntax

Still not working. However, when I put the exact language in there from the sample at dynamic drive, it shows their pictures.

Comment

If you edited the script and entered your images ie: myfirstimage1.jpg
                        and published the page and uploaded the images then you should get something like THIS DEMO
                        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks Alien Dude

I implemented it and it took me less than 10 minutes.

Watch http://www.mywebsiteworkout.com/
                          Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Working...
                          X