H-Tag Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-Tag Question

My smallest H-Tag (H6) is going to be 8 point Arial. Here is the code that Vasilli gave us:

<style>
    h1 {font-size:18px;color:#666666;font-family:tahoma;font-style:bold;display:inline;}
    h2 {font-size:14px;color:#666666;font-family:tahoma;font-style:bold;display:inline;}
    h3 {font-size:11px;color:#666666;font-family:tahoma;font-style:bold;display:inline}
    h4 {font-size:11px;color:#666666;font-family:tahoma;font-style:bold;display:inline}
    h5 {font-size:11px;color:#666666;font-family:tahoma;font-style:bold;display:inline}
    h6 {font-size:12px;color:#666666;font-family:tahoma;font-style:bold;display:inline}
    </style>

(Note: from thread http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sea...echniques.html)

My question is this: Will my h6 code look like this:
    {font-size:08px;color:#0000FF;font-family:arial;font-style:bold;display:inline}?

Do I put just an 8, or a 08?

Thank you

EDIT: P.S. Vasilli, in the H1 and H2 code you have a semi-colon at the end, and the other H3-6 tags do not have a semi-colon. Is this OK, or an oversight? Respectfully yours, John

Re: H-Tag Question

Hello again. I still would like to know if my single digit font size should be just a single digit, or be accompanied by a zero?

My smallest h6 tag is 8 point Arial. Do I list it as 8, or 08 in the code above. I would like to know this so I can make my template reflect this. I do not wish to have to go back in and update every page after I publish.

I checked Vasilli's thread and am not able to find in it the answer. I could not find the answer to this question elsewhere at this time.

Thank you kindly.

Comment

First off, 8pt and 8px are two different things.

8pt for some browsers is not necessarily 8px;

Like Vasili has used px, it should cover all browsers.

As far as 8px or 08px, no difference. But to be consistent with
      the rest of the above, I would use 08px. Again, just for beautification.

If you consider octal number, 7 and 07 are the same. Traditionally,
      folks use 07. The same for Hex number, 8 and 08 are the same.

I hope Vasili will make his comments.
      Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Pica is the standard for typwriters, printers, and other typography machines to render impact impressions universally sized.
        Point (pt) is the standard for size when referring specifically to fonts and other graphical elements that are generally applied to another substrate ... as in rub-down type, transfer logos, or adhesive applique.
        Pixel (px) is the standard used for visual size with regard to computers, monitors, and other techologically reproduced images (digital) and lineally defined objects which is why if you look closely to rounded objects like circles and curves, the edges appear fuzzy and/or ragged (they mimic curves via shading squares). A pixel is a common unit size of the light cell in TV's and monitors, for instance, originally configured to a standard size due to the visual properties of the human eye being able to process only so much light at a time. Thus, digital cameras, editing programs, and even email handlers all use the same defining standards of Pixels to 'render' objects digitally reproducable.

Using Pixels to define styles (as in this instance, the CSS stylesheets that command specific renderings of a referred image or graphical element) assures that the reproduced visualization is universally presented across all platforms the same, as it commands by script the devices themselves.

And, the script as originally written in the referred thread is correct and functions just fine (even though it appears to be written sloppy, never had an issue about functionality or SEO). If you are using Blue Voda, please be aware that the script I presented was intended for versions prior to BV9.4.2 (note the date of the post), as they did not have the upgraded Unicode/CSS formatting that BV10 has built in. Users are reminded to note the updated instructions provided by Gen. Navaldesign to easily incorporate the same methods using the built-in features now standard in Blue Voda.

And lastly, you should not use a prefacing "0" to single digits in any code or in any instructions regarding computers or technological commands inserted to define style or formatting: they simply are not capable of discerning that you are trying to help them and will read it as a fault or error instead. It is completely different than common use as seen in 'Lines of Code' or sequencing. Eight Pixel should look like 8px and not 08px.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

This is a wonderful reply! I sincerely thank you both so much for this information, and especially Vasilli! You are The Man!!!
          I had originally put in the 08, and I will hastily change to 8. The logic is completely sound and easy for me to understand.
          Regards; John
          Last edited by John K.; 10-19-2009, 04:59 AM. Reason: My bad! I did not read all of Vasilli's post. Sorry!

Comment

Working...
          X