This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sitemap issues & google errors

Hi - so sorry but I did have a thread going, I was typing into it when it suddenly closed and now I can't find it again. Maybe I somehow deleted it but don't know how!

Shafi had helped me rename my index page and redirect a link to it but now I'm getting this error after submitting again,
    Format URLs in Sitemap Submitted Downloaded Sitemap Total: 6, Indexed: 1 Oct 19, 2009 – Resubmit
    Oct 19, 2009 Sitemap errors and warnings

Line Status Details 40 Invalid URL
    This is not a valid URL. Please correct it and resubmit. URL: mailto://:0
    Parent tag: url
    Tag: loc
    Problem detected on: Oct 19, 2009

I've sent email to and from <enquiries@carmosceramics.com> and it's working so I don't understand the issue.

Please advise?
    Thanks so much,
    Dyral
    Carmos Ceramics and Creative Supplies, lessons available, greenware and bisque ware available for purchase from the Shop

Re: sitemap issues &amp; google errors

Hi - please help if you can as this stupid mailto://:0 error seems to be what's holding up the site being searchable.

I've fixed all the links that should direct to that email address + sent/received/replied etc to/from the email address and it's working so I can't work out what to do or what's wrong????
    Thanks very much,
    Dyral

Comment

just a shot in the dark.

Remove the email link from the button.

create a page and have the email address there.

link the page to the button.
      Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Google will not recognise mailto://:0 as a URL. It is a mail link and irrelevant for indexing from Google's point of view. It will only index and crawl pages that are http:// or www etc.
        Run the BV sitemap tool to crawl your site again and delete anything that is not an actual page of the site.
        Re-submit.
        Video Editing Software Reviews
        Video Editing Software Tips
        DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Originally posted by lancecarr View Post
          Google will not recognise mailto://:0 as a URL. It is a mail link and irrelevant for indexing from Google's point of view.
          CORRECT ... which which explains why the multiple threads were deleted after being answered and not followed: apparently people are not aware of the difference between a URL, a LINK, or a COMMAND.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X