Multiple Listbox selections not coming thru in email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Listbox selections not coming thru in email

my site page http://www.noplacelikehomere.com/email_listings.html has a forn containing several listboxes that supposedly allow multiple selections. however, when multiple items are selected, only the last one in the list makes it into the email to me.
    how do I fix this?
    thanks for any help!

Putting '[]' at the end of listbox names caused 'Array' to display in my email

I went into my form and put the '[]' at the end of the name of all of my listboxes and when I submitted multiple selections, I got this result:
    'Towns: Array' instead of listing the specific towns selected
    Anyone have any idea how to enable multiple selections in form listboxes to be properly emailed?
    Thanks!

Comment

Re: Multiple Listbox selections not coming thru in email

Adding [] to the name is correct. A link to your form please ?
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for taking a look!

Comment

You are using a separate "action.php" script to process your form. In that case, your script must have this ability or it will not work.

If you use the built in form processor this ability is already built in.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I don't know how to use/find the built in form processor. I followed the BV insturctions on setting up the form. Where/how do I emply the built in one?

Comment

The form remains the same. Double click the form and when the properties dialog box appears, check the checkbox "Use built in form processor"

Set your email address, the success page URL and the thankyou page URL.

You also need to remove the action php script (if this is a stand alone script) or, if action.php is a page, with the "action" script embedded in the page, remove the php code and publish it again.
              Navaldesign

Comment

when I double click the form, my form properties dialog box doesn't have the checkbox! do I have an older version? or is there another way to get the built in processor?

Comment

Please download the lastest version: http://www.vodasupport.com/index.php...wnloaditemid=1
                  Navaldesign

Comment

navaldesign: thanks for being so patient. I've republished the pages making the changes you said (being so green at this, not certain I did it right!) It still comes through my email as "Array" in the areas where I've made multiple selections, even though I've cleared the cashe and cookies first also. Could you please check it again and see what I'm doing wrong.
                    Thank you SO MUCH!

Comment

Are you testing the correct page, which is http://www.noplacelikehomere.com/email_listings.php

or are you still testing the old one http://www.noplacelikehomere.com/email_listings.html ??
                      Navaldesign

Comment

I changed the file extension of my email_listings page to php (in page properties) and then I didn't get any email at all when I submitted. the more i try to fix it, the worse it seems to be getting. please be very specific on how/where to change 'php'. Thanks again.

Comment

Navaldesign: Thanks again for your patience. Actually, 1) my 'email-listings' page now shows up with a very long coded-type script at the top with 'This seems to be a cracking attampt' in the middle of the text; 2) if I submit the form, now located far down on the page, it no longer goes to my 'thank you' page, but an error page instead; 3) I no longer receive any email at all after submitting the form.
                          I think I'm in over my head! Is is possible to speak with someone on the phone to try to straighten these pages out?

Comment

VodaHost support is about hosting issues, not website design issues. So this forum is the only place to get help about this.

I believe that you are a bit confused. The page where the coding appears, is the html one. You need to DELETE this page entirely from your server (using FTP)

The one to use is, instead, your php page, which shows just fine. You also need to change, in your menus, the link to the email_listings page, as it leads to the html page.

I just tried your php page, which seemed to work just fine. See if you have received the mail.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X