site search engine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• site search engine question

I am new to the BlueVoda community. And I am somewhat new to web page building but I got a large project which includes building a site, in which multiple catalogs are listed. And in order to make it work properly and as it is intended I need to install a search engine that will search only inside the pages and/or the products listed. I've watched all the movies/tutorials. I read most of the written tutorials but I can't seem to find anywhere how to add/create such search engine. Can anyone help me on that?

Re: site search engine question

You'll have to bring some code in from outside. If you do a google search for 'search boxes for my site' there are quite a few out there. Usually the free ones have there logos and links on them. The ones you pay for do not.

Google do a free one which is quite popular. I have used it in my Office Supplies Directory in my signature and I have done it so the results are shown within my site. Unlike me I am pretty sure you can set it up to search in your web pages only
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: site search engine question

I though the google one is only for the whole wide web /world wide web/, but thanks for the search boxes idea and clearing that I need to bring an outside code

Comment

Working...
      X