How too add logo to phpBB3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How too add logo to phpBB3

Holy smokes. I logged into my discussion board administration panel thinking that it would be an easy task to replace the phpBB logo with my own. I was wrong on thinking it was easy.

I have searched these boards as well as the phpBB boards on how to do this and I have seen several ways to do it. I understand on how to replace the logo once it is uploaded. The problem I am having is where the heck to upload my logo file. I have located the properties of the current location of the phpBB logo to see if I could replace it, this is the location: http://www.liquidationtalk.com/forum.../site_logo.gif

So I go to my cPanel to try to locate this in the file manager and I cant find it. I cannot find the file site_logo.gif . I get all the way to "imageset" and after that I just see a bunch of 2 letter files. Where the heck do I need to upload my new logo and where the heck do I find the file site_logo.gif?

I know this is probably something I am overlooking or doing something completely wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: How too add logo to phpBB3

nevermind, I figured it out.

Comment

If anyone ever has this problem in the future, here is what I did:

1) Go to your Cpanel and go to your file manager
      2) Do a search for you phpBB logo site_logo.gif
      3) It will then pull it up for you (for some reason, I couldnt find it manually, it was not showing it when I looked for it through the respective folders, perhaps someone could shed some light on this for me)
      4) I then installed my new logo in the same folder as where the site_logo was located
      5) I then went to the phpBB Admin Control panel
      6) Go to styles tab>imageset> choose the style you are using, in my case it was prosilver and click edit
      7) under the logo pull down menu, find your file and push submit, now you will have to re-size it to your liking

Comment

For a detailed tutorial follow this link.

phpBB3 Hack......
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
        X