Dynamic HTML Scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic HTML Scripts

Does BV support Dynamic HTML scripts such as mouse trails and other cursor animations?

Yes, it does! Although you'll have to add the code manually using the Insert HTML tool.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Problem with Insert HTML Tool

Originally posted by Pablo
      Yes, it does! Although you'll have to add the code manually using the Insert HTML tool.

Thank you for the response. I did get the DHTML code to work by using the Insert HTML tool. Problem now is that when using the tool it creates a solid grey square which you drag and scale to the size you want the code to cover and in my case I want to use this code for the entire page which causes the square to cover the whole page and I can't see the main parts of the page in order to work on it. I assume I could add the code last when all the rest of the page is done. Am I doing something wrong or using the wrong method for the insert?

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Try arranging the files. Send the Html box to the back and put put your other files to the front.
        ::Steven.H::

Comment

Require further explanation with regards external HTML

The tutorial video is extremely vague with regards the application of the insert HTML function.
          Most Dynamic HTML (Most features use javascript references) require a script definition in <HEAD> section of page and the feature to be used, is called by code in the <BODY> section of the page. How does the insert HTML object behave with regards to such requirements.
          Can I add <HEAD> reference to page html using between head html and then operate the function using insert HTML object according to the visual placement of the object with the BV editor?
          Please explain how this object is used with relation to page html code
          TNX
          To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research!

Comment

Right click on your document and select Page HTML to add custom HTML to your web page. You'll have to fully understand what the DHTML does before you can add it to your page. Just placing the code somewhere in the page without knowing how it works might not give the expected results.

But until now I've never came accros any code that couldn't be added to BV.
            Last edited by Pablo; 07-10-2005, 09:00 AM.
            Forum Moderator
            BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo
              Right click on your document and select Page HTML to add custom HTML to your web page. You'll have to fully understand what the DHTML does before you can add it to your page. Just placing the code somewhere in the page without knowing how it works might not give the expected results.

But until now I've never came accros any code that couldn't be added to BV.
              How to add code at the page level is clear to me. My question is how the Insert HTML object behaves? As I said the video tutorial is very vague and does not give a reference example of this feature in action.
              To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research!

Comment

Originally posted by christobal
                How to add code at the page level is clear to me. My question is how the Insert HTML object behaves? As I said the video tutorial is very vague and does not give a reference example of this feature in action.

What are you trying to do?, can you post a copy of the code or where you got the code from
                www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
                BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
                Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

The HTML object insert the specified HTML code into webpage on the location of the HTML place holder. <DIV> tags are used to position the code.
                  - If it's global DHTML code (like background and mouse effects), you have to put it into the BODY section.
                  - If it's code that should be visible on a specific location (like clocks, date labels) you'll have to put it into a HTML box.

Every script requires different an implementation. There is no general instruction that covers each situation.
                  Please remember that BlueVoda is not script editor. It is designed to create static layouts, you will have to know what you are doing to be able to add every kind of script to BlueVoda.

Tip: just try the different options and look at the result code using the preview option.
                  Forum Moderator
                  BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

using drop down menu script. (DHTML)

But until now I've never came accros any code that couldn't be added to BV.[/QUOTE]

Hi, I tried to use a DHTML code to create a drop down menu, I test the script by using notepad to paste the script and save it as html, it work. So I open the BV and created the HTML box in BV. I paste the script in. It doesn't work.
                    Then I tried to insert one portion of the script in the <head> session and another part in the <body> session. It still didn't work. Can you help me with this?

with thanks,

Sufian.

Comment

Hey I got it... YES!!!

Hey, I've finally managed to create a drop down menu.. haha.. yes yes.. at last.. i tried again to insert the script inside the head session and another portion in the body session.. initially it didn;t work,... i check the script and realise a small teenie weenie mistake... there was a missing... '<' hehehe.. anyway, thanks all...
                      oh ya by the way, I just use HTML code...

warm regards....

Sufian.

Comment

Working...
                      X